Reviews for Prince of Attania
AndrewRL chapter 55 . 3/26/2017
"Written with assumption you've read the first two books"

Wow, just wow. I'm going to try to make this review short and sweet, because the ending of this book sort of has me in tears and it's also nearly 1am. This story, is FANTASTIC, all capitals required. And I'm judging both book 1 and 2 here. In book 1, Jet learns to accept who he is while struggling with the ideas of his people. He gradually accepts them but also believes things should be different, could be different, and in the end it leaves on an idealistic note with Jet planning for a better future.

Book 2 starts off 10 years later with Attan, Jet's son struggling with similar but different problems to Jet, While Jet was more human than any Family while also more powerful in his abilities than any Family, and he struggles to accept the Family part of him, Attan is the opposite. He yearns to stay as just the elements he was born as and can't understand his Family's love for the physical world. Throughout the book he makes many mistakes due to his lack of understanding of the human side of the world, but gradually comes to accept that he loves the physical world as well, and the people in it. Which makes this final chapter all the more heartbreaking.

For Pro's, there's a lot, but your main strength seen in these stories is clearly your characterization and world building. They are absolutely phenomenal. You have created the best nonhuman character "race" I've seen in a novel while making them believable and also having their customs believable. The characters grow throughout the novel, especially in book 2, where Attan's growth and Jet's lackening resolve for a better future are wonderfully handled.
As for your second main strength, world building, all I can say is wow. Attania is one of the coolest worlds I've seen in a novel, with your creation of the "Family" and the existence of what Attania is. All I can do is praise you for how much I loved reading about this world.

For cons, I have two, and they're rather minor in comparison. First of all, you sometimes repeat things in future chapters an unnecessary amount of times, something easily fixed with editing, but still bothersome. I know Aylard released his physical self, you've said it seven times already! There are other examples, but I'm not in the mood to go hunting for them, they're just minor annoyances at best.

As for the second, slightly more serious con, is your insufficient telling of the passing of time. Well, that's the best I can word it. In Book 1 it was hard to tell how much time has passed from the start of the novel forward, with hair growth of all things being the best teller, and that's something we can't even properly judge as they aren't technically humans. Up until a certain part, I can't remember which, I had thought only a month or two had passed, where in reality more like a year had passed, and I can't even be certain at this point. Book 2 is even worse, with Attan starting the book as around 10 years old, and me thinking a few months had passed, maybe a year or two when I consider the babies, but suddenly he's 14, and possibly 15 at the end of the book. I was totally off with my estimates because again, all you're giving us is hair growth, and this time height growth for reference. And Attan is even less human than Jet, Is he just suddenly shooting up in height in the past few months, what's happening? Oh, he's 14, daf***? That's about what went on in my head. Truthfully this is the worst fault I could find in the novel, which is saying something.

All in all I'd give your story two thumbs up, for hope of avoiding a number rating. I immensely enjoyed both book 1 and 2, and your growth as an author is apparent as you write this. I don't say this often, but you seriously could become published author with this story. It's fantastic. I'm just glad beyond belief I somehow only found this after you finished book 2. Not sure how that worked out, but I was dreading having to wait for chapter 56, luckily it was resolved in 55 chapters. I can't wait for Book 3, and I implore that you never stop writing, you're too good to give up, seriously. Thanks for the wonderful few days of reading, I'll be following you closely in the future. :)

Posting this without reviewing it because I'm tired. Thanks!
Guest chapter 31 . 1/7/2016
Great story..I bookmarked it a few months ago in my phone. I just wish you'd update a bit more often. Once a month is just...slow. Twice a month makes more sense, and you'd keep your readers.
Guest chapter 25 . 8/19/2015
The writing is good... The updates are few and way to far between
Guest chapter 23 . 7/16/2015
Can't wait for what happens next.
Paul chapter 18 . 5/11/2015
One chapter a month...short ones at that. Very very disappointed. You're losing your few loyal readers
Unit chapter 13 . 3/22/2015
My mond is throwing a mini-tantrum. I want Jet to stick with only Doll. I dont like this sleazy Maddy character.
Blueharu2-12 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
This is great! You should really go for publishing this :)