Reviews for Sigil
Guest chapter 19 . 9/23/2015
How about we don't insult other reviewers- everyone has a right to their opinion, and Itzy did ask for feedback. why don't you slow your own roll.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/23/2015
Oy vey, why did I decide to read the reviews...
Seriously "Zip" slow your roll, she doesn't owe you anything. If it bothers you then don't read unfinished stories, you dumbass.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/23/2015
Oh you paint one pretty picture, I love this! And I mean LOVE! I don't read Born Be Bred, maybe I'll read it once it's finished. I read waaaaay too many stories at once lol
So obviously I would love for you to focus on this one! ;)
zipzip chapter 19 . 9/23/2015
Firstly, you do what many authors on FP and post multiple unfinished stories. Its so annoying and I wish I never took the time to read them if all I'm going to be is left hanging.

BTBB is probably the popular story rn and maybe you should focus on completing that especially since you're so busy?

Honestly its all your work and its your right to work on what you want but you asked for feedback so that was mine.
Marguex chapter 19 . 9/23/2015
Please just update btbb till it has 19 chapter like sigil.I think that will be better.
elefi chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
lazy to login w
but anyway it's always great to see an update! 8) whether it's Sigil, or BTBB, or ATotL, all your stories are captivating. (Currently I'm waiting for ATotL though, omg so worried!)

really glad for this chapter because it's like a turning point, and I bet things will start building up towards something exciting after this (: Can't really fully figure out what Tiburon wants though (sorry I'm a kinda blur and forgetful reader 8'D) and poor Arden ): But I do hope Sigil gets happier with this arrangement O:

keep on writing!

elefi
Guest chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
It's hard for me to leave reviews while you're still writing because I don't want you to change what you're doing - I love the story but since you ask... I don't have a clear idea of which brother is which... Reading one chapter at a time is probably most of the problem... But ever since sovereigns companions were introduced I have really struggled remembering which one of which and the dynamics of each relationship. I like this latest chapter. Sintering really needs to learn to listen. Great story thank you.
ImmyKeeper chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
Itzy - we are still reading! Or at least I am. Thank you again for writing and I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE when my email inbox tells me you've updated a story. It makes me SOOOO happy! You really do have a wonderful way of illuminating characters so gently it feels natural, like of course they'd do that! However, I feel like the whole point is for us to help each other write even better... you are amazing! but here's a few things and DO NOT feel like I'm saying your writing is anything less than truly amazing and fantastic!

I feel like the stakes have kind of dropped. Sovereign's layed everything on the table and he's already suffered more than he can possibly suffer in the future. What does he really need from Sigil? It feels a little like... shrug. He wants to breed her, or be with her and have her pander to his people... but he doesn't NEEEEED anything in a pressing, story moving sort of way.

Same goes for Sigil. She's already lost everything there is to lose, right. Her past is hidious and the only good part is gone... Que. So what is she even arguing about - her freedome. Well, she just got that, so the story kind of feels... over.

It seems like we need something more to pull us on. Like an upcoming battle that Sovereign needs her help with, or Tiburon working to steal the throne for Sovereign in a more pressing manner (if that is what he's doing), or Sigil to find a group of subversives who have a fighting chance, or for her to find a clue that tells her Sovereign is lying afterall. The kid she supposedly loves just feels tacked on to me.

Lastly - and this is nitpicky maybe, but it's still a point that always pulls me out of your stories and I've noticed it a few times. You say things like, "she surveyed the wall with green eyes," even when we are in Claire's perspective, or the same thing for Sigil. If we are reading their own POV then they don't see their eyes, so it's a weird moment where it feels like an omniscient narrator and it's a little confusing sometimes. There are some awkward moments at the beginning of BtbB and Sigil especially where you head-hop a little.

Sorry for blathering... I love your writing. I love, love, love LOVE LOVE it! But it wanted to try and help and encourage anyway I could.

Please keep writing!
Guest chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
this my favorite story! I love BTBB, but I love this one more. But what about Arden? I can't believe Sovereign punished him like that. Regardless of what he did to Que, I believe he is loyal to the goals of Sovereign if not to Sovereign directly. I think he is an interesting character and we have really not got to know him. On a side note, I love the chemistry between Kahrl and Sigil (and Sigil and Sovereign)I hope she shows him some mercy. And I hate Tiburon - he gives me the willies!
Guest chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
Yup post BTBB. Im dying from the wait..
Elless chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
Awesome! As always. Do not be afraid to world build! You need more, not less. Don't be one of those writers that just provides a sketch or outline of the world. The world building enriches your story. I love the intricacies of your story. It's not a simple boy meets girl, etc. It's very, very complex. I'm invested in the complexity. It's your choice who you write for, but I'm voting for writing for those of us who like complex, messy, not-always-laid-out-in-linear-order storytelling. By all means - unravel the world slowly - let us learn about it as you reveal your characters' journeys - but I think you're doing fine. I lost interest in another complex "other-world" story on a different site when it started simplifying the storyline and using the cliffhanger device to end every chapter. It became super formulaic, and frankly, boring. You're doing great just as you are. I hope you have trusted advisers that can provide guidance when/if you need it to keep the world in proper order, but really - you're doing fine. Trust yourself most of all, Dorothy. And - if you're feeling generous I, for one, would love to see you wrap up "Dark Side of the Sun." You're so close to the end on that one. It would be nice to see you complete one of your stories. If you're planning on leaving all but the final chapters off in the hopes of publishing for payment, well, that's your prerogative. Sad Face. I'll still be your fan.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
Itzy, your stories are wonderful but please update born to be bred, thank you as you do so love you.
Addison Cain chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
All this feedback has been wonderful! YammY, I absolutely agree with you. I think I got a little carried away world building chapter by chapter. In the second draft I will be cutting out a lot, and refining the info. Even I get confused. LOL

I also think I would cut this into multiple volumes. Pax Volume one, and so on.
YammY chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
You're an amazing writer but I want you to always have in mind that this world might make a lot of sense to you because you created it, you have all details, you know all its components. We, however are sort of starting from zero, you see? So maybe educate us a bit more. I feel like that's what you're trying to do by having Sigil ask so many questions but making it seem like it's just part of the story. Clever you. This method also helps to not drag on or seem boring, as impossible as that may seem with such an amazing tale. But still, for the first time reading this story I got quite confused and I can't possibly be the only one.
Nora chapter 19 . 9/22/2015
Love it! I've been waiting for your updates. Thank you so much:)
312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »