Reviews for Songs of Valentine
YumehaMinakami chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Okay, this is awesome! I liked the way you presented the characters and the plot. Having the great houses also was an added bonus to the story. I must admit that though Rose was a little snappy, I liked her attitude, too bad she got badly injured (I hope she doesn't die on the next chapter).
Then there's the masked person, mysterious and rather deadly to be precise.

Overall the story was great and the writing was top notch. I just think that the adverbs could be toned down a little, it dilutes the scenes where a forceful verb could give a much better feel. Other than that this is a great read and a great concept. I'll be sure to read the next chapters a little later before work. I love it!
360pages chapter 3 . 9/22/2014
I liked how you described Shirley at the start, the kind of character that would be startled if touched and the details you used for it. I noticed that the start of these chapters events were somewhat independent of the last chapter. Which is fine for this type of story.

Also, you didn't need toe author note about Vampires if you explain it in the story, not saying it's a wrong way to do it. But every story treats vampires differently.

Once again the names and places seem to go so fast, but this is mostly due to the fantasy setting of the entire thing and me being a little slow to digest everything.
360pages chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
So, you've added vampires in the equation, which is fine since I usual. You have a huge amount of detail in description and actions, but I noticed near the end there wasn't as much detail in the last conversation, which is weird since the other conversations in the chapter had this.
360pages chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
It's long, really long, which is both a good thing or bad thing, because of how fiction press is set up reading long chapters can be pretty taxing. There is no page turning, and losing your place is really easy in chapters that are over 3000-5000 words.

With that said, time to actually go on about the content of the story. King Authur is more of a title, though it was somewhat info dumpy, though that is kind of the point of a opening narration.

The story and how it's told is somewhat different, usually you open with a character, but it was more of an opening to the situation, a lot happened in this first chapter.

Our main character graduated early due to compression of her and is somewhat shy, which is a nice break from the tough characters we usually get from these type of stories.

It was weird to hear an attack called out, it really didn't seem like the kind of story that would introduce calling your attacks. (Magic I understand, and even attacks having names,)

I also notice you cut away from battles quite a bit, I don't think there was a complete battle scene, though this is the first chapter.