Reviews for Your Smile
Bahati chapter 1 . 4/2/2015
Oh God heart aches for her. It's so unfair, she shouldn't be second parents are 's more sad that she isn't getting a happy ending
Carmel March chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
God, you are good. This is absolutely some of the best writing I've read in a long time. After reading FitS, I had to read this spinoff. I thought it was great seeing things from Dylan's POV, it gave him a different sort of story and I loved it because it was realistic and bittersweet. Thanks for posting this!
5 minutes to midnight chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
Dylan is so confusing, I just have no words. All I can think is that, it's a devastating situation to be in and it's really terrible that it happened to them.
frouwe chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
I was one of the people who felt conflicted over Dylan and in all honestly I'm still conflicted after reading this. I like Fades in the Summer/Tara's POV a whole bunch more, but it was interesting to see everything from Dylan's perspective. More than a couple, Tara and Dylan feel like part of a threesome in which one person is a ghost, and I still don't think they should be together. I don't know. I guess they're just two people trying their best to make peace with a complicated situation. The lines you used as your summary sum their relationship up perfectly.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Oh my god. I cried so much in these two one shots than I have in any other one shot. Powerful stuff. I wish I knew how it ends with them. If I was Tara I don't think I can ever be with Dylan without my heart breaking all the time. He loves talia and he would've stayed with her if she hadnt died. I think that's the worst thing you can ever know about someone you love. He was never meant for you. Beautifully written though. I don't think I'll ever forget.
dragon chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Reading this, I really think, no now im sure he should have never started a relationship with tara even if he said theyd take it slow. You cant fill a cup thats not empty in the first place, it will only end up with it overflowing and in other words itd be a huge waste of water. When I read the line not tara, not tara too. I was even more sure that she deserved better. He should have never started anything he wasnt ready for, I mean just a little awhile ago he even thought of death. Though he might never go through with it but the mere fact that he thinks of it is enough proof he is nowhere near ready to be in a relationship with someone who loves him as much as tara does. Deep wounds may leave scars but its ip to the person who has them whether they want to think of it as abeautiful memory or a painful reminder. He obviously hasnt healed so why give a half assed version of him to tara for her to deal with? She doesnt deserve that after everything she has been through and if he cant see that then he doesnt really love her. Either he take some time to piece himself back together and be a man who is ready to give all of him before starting anything related to love and commitment or he sit his ass down for tara to see someone who can. This was beautiful and very slice of life genre and it only showed us how people have this innate ability to avoid feeling pain by giving it to someone else. Poor tara. Good writing skills though hope you write more oneshots though i prefer ones with a happier ending but this is good too.
bego.oh chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Thank you so mucho for giving us an insight into Dylan's feelings! He was just coping the only way he knew how! He is just human after all! You're an amazing writer! Congrats! Please don't stop writing!
Ceri Anne chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
I'm so glad you gave us this little insight into Dylan's head. It's so sad but so sweet at the same time.
Krisanita chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Ya'll haters,dylan is nt as bad as u described,nd rili he wasnt d 1 who threw deir frndship twas ha,didnt' u read wr she sed she didn't want 2 b hs frnd if her sister was with him,yet she tld ha sista 2 go 4 him,nd he sed that line the 1 u'all ar usin against hm 'tara was the closest thing i had left 2 talia '' he sed it wen dy wr jst umm sex mates,nt wen he startd loving her,and though he smtyms thought of talia,guilt that he killed her hunted him bcos he lovd talia then,yet he loves tara nw,its nt smtn u can get over,cmon he was with talia over a year,you do not 4get easily especially when he was nw dating tara,u date twins and xpect to forget the looks of 1 hw possible,note my sarcasm..tara wasnt a saint either..both of them were finally learning to take it a day at a time becase their love had to grow..and oh! the writing was beautiful,poetic like i could hear his thoughts,and he went back bcos tara was waiting 4 hm
Le Meerkat chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Absolutely hate and love you for doing this to me... again
Even now its so tragic how they're relationship is so twisted-ish and yet so romantic as well..
And it's even more tragic that you aren't going to make a sequel

Absolutely loved this story, completed the story from Fades in the Summer in such a neat way... why Dylan slept with Tara...

Anyways... thanks for the update (upload?) and hope to see another update again

P.S. absolutely loving Auld Lang Syne...3
sami1995 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Your writing, especially the ending, literally brought me to tears. It was so powerful. Wow. I could literally hear Dylan's voice inside my head as if he was talking to himself. That's extremely remarkable. I'm speechless.
And that's the thing about real life though. You never know what's going to happen. And I liked Tara a great deal more after reading this. Because I feel she always loved Dylan in a way that was selfless. Sure, she was terribly upset and jealous after they dated, but she hid the pain. It's not like she manipulated Talia or Dylan. She broke down that night, like any normal person would do.

And the other thing. She never really once expected Dylan to reciprocate her feelings completely. And Dylan knew that. She loved him in a way that you could actually define true love, perhaps? As in it's selfless and you're loving someone if they don't love you back. You're loving someone without expecting anything in return; not because you have to be with them necessarily but because you actually do. That takes a great deal of courage. That's an amazing personality trait I noticed in her.

And Dylan. I see that he has great feelings for Talia, but it seems more like 'what if' rather than 'we actually had the best time of our lives.' Of course moving on is not easy and this is something I can see happening in real life as to Dylan and Tara sailing into the ocean, happily living. It was realistic; it portrayed Dylan's thoughts in a really great way. In a perfectly happy world, I'd have wanted them to be really happy and completely forgetful of the past. But of course that doesn't happen. That scene felt really poetic though, the ending, where Dylan is standing.

I really liked this! Great, sad and very insightful, poetic piece!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
I honestly doubt I've ever disliked a character more than Dylan. He seemed like a poor excuse for a bestfriend and honestly has shown little to no redeeming qualities. If he drowned, I'd be cool with it. Tara deserves to move on and find someone who actually wants her for her, and Dylan deserves no one. I found Tara weak in this story and that saddens me.
Abbie chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Dylan doesn't seem to be remorseful at all for the way he treated Tara. I know she did terrible things too but I feel like Tara suffered through so much already. Does he genuinely want to be with Tara or is he only with her because she's the closest thing to being with Talia? Because it sure doesn't seem like he actually loves her. Dylan's kind of selfish. If he knew Tara was always comparing herself to her sister, why didn't he ever stop to consider Tara's feelings when he started dating Talia? If he was really her best friend, shouldn't he have known that Tara wouldn't be okay with that? I'm sorry but I don't like Dylan. I think Tara deserves someone who loves her wholeheartedly. I feel like Dylan is with her for all the wrong reasons. The ending also left me feeling a little unsatisfied. I love your writing but this and Fades in the Summer were just so sad.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Well that was depressing. This story just made me hate Dylan even more. I'm not convinced that Dylan has any romantic feelings at all for Tara. It kinda seems like he's only with her because it's convenient and not really because he loves her. And the line "She was the closest I could ever get to being with Talia again." That part made it seem even more like he's only with her because he can't have Talia. I feel so sorry for Tara. She deserves so much better than that and I think it would've been better for them to go their separate ways. And the fact that he knew of her inferiority complex and still went out with her sister makes him seem like the worst best friend ever. I don't even blame Tara for avoiding him.
SoulSam chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Ugh Dylan. Go away into the ocean. Just go away and leave Tara to move on and find someone who will make her his first choice, who will know unequivocally that she is the love of his life, who will love her purely, who won't hold anything back and won't always be thinking of somebody else at the back of his mind. So yeah, Dylan go away. Tara has been through fucking enough and deserves better. (But I guess that's also not real life, you don't always get that perfect love, and if you do, you're one of the damn lucky ones. Life is shitty and messy.)

Ok all that aside, this was beautifully written, as per usual (I love literally EVERYTHING you write!) and I could feel all of Dylan's emotions (however much I hated them :P) and it made me sad which is fine, cos that's what your writing does. MAKES ME FEEL THINGS DAMMIT!

In conclusion, I hate (or maybe strongly dislike) Dylan and love your writing. You're a rock-star.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »