Reviews for The Lotus and The Loon
infinite101 chapter 10 . 4/29/2016
Yay thanks for the update! Wow I feel like we're learning more and more each chapter, It was great to get some more insight into why Atlas behaved the way he did. I was certain that Eden would have passed Brontide's test so that part threw me off a little, I'm very intrigued as to how it all fits together.

I'm excited to see what happens next and can't wait to see how their relationship develops! :)
JaeHee27 chapter 10 . 4/29/2016
I so love this! Their playful banter and the serious dialogues all make it so much more lovable! And fried pineapple! Is that the catch phrase for TLATL? Haha. I want more please! More updates, more Eden and Atlas, and more fried pineapple! :) Happy writing!

- Jae Y.
livingofstories chapter 10 . 4/29/2016
Don't make pineapples sound like a second grade food XD Pineapple is delicious! And a badass fruit since it has a enzyme that breaks down meat.

But seriously, great chapter. You can see them growing closer in a friendly way. Eden is so down to earth, it's great XD
H4H chapter 9 . 4/17/2016
I started reading this last year, but I'm horrendous with names, so I'd forgotten what this was called (and your pen name too). I'm so glad to have found this again! I'm also very happy to hear that you're trying to break through your writer's block in regards to your other story. As much as I like long stories and love dragons, it's good that you're taking a break- of sorts- to figure out the plot. A firm idea of what's next usually lessens stress, which in turn helps one write better. Best of luck!

As always, your pacing is impeccable, particularly how you handle the action scenes. And your characterization- Loon continues to be my favorite type of girl; unlike a lot of heroines she actually takes the reins, which is something that few writers seem to know how to do these days. When you say that she's a kick-butt kinda girl that's trained to focus singularly on her mission, you show it, rather than doing the whole "I'm basically Wonder Woman, but... Do you think that (that guy) will like the way I look in this dress? I have to obsess over this and let the world go to hell while I look for matching shoes" thing. So I'm really looking forward to your next update.

I did, however, notice two things: Chapter One has a pluralization issue. Specifically the segment where Eden and Ro start talking about His Majesty's sexual inclinations. You wrote "he is definitely into woman," rather than "women." And I would perhaps put the "and" in the last sentence of this chapter directly outside of the commas rather than inside, just to help the flow a bit.
jmeec316 chapter 9 . 4/15/2016
I love this story more and more with each update. The characters are fascinating, and I can't wait to see what you have in store of them!

And, as a reader of Handmaiden as well, I want to say to take your time! It will come to you when you least expect it! And we'll be waiting anxiously, I mean "patiently," in the meantime.
Ilsa with an I chapter 9 . 4/12/2016
It was so satisfying to see the king all fed and rested and taken care of. I really love this story, and I always look forward to your updates!
Loveisaringtossg chapter 9 . 4/8/2016
I am really enjoying this story! It's so exciting and suspenseful! I can't wait for more!
neonpink chapter 9 . 4/8/2016
I am IN LOVE with this story...I am liking Eden more and more...
At first, I thought "I am so gonna hate that king!" But now, I don't want to say this, but I like him even more than Eden...(how is that even possible? I ADORE Eden!)
sheryl chapter 9 . 4/7/2016
I'm glad you're writing more on TLTL more because yes I agree that Handmaiden has gone kind of directionless. But this story is great and I'm excited to read more of it!
sigea chapter 9 . 4/4/2016
Oh man Eden and Atlas are killing me in the best way possible!
&& you write what makes YOU feel good! That makes the story even better and more enjoyable to read. You'll go back to Handmaiden if and when you feel like it, and even if it's years later I will still be there weeping tears of joy over you brilliant characters.
sigea chapter 8 . 4/4/2016
How? How do you write such amazing stories? Please PLEASE for the sake of all that is holy try to get your work published. You're so talented and if I could just spend the rest of my life reading your stories I would be happy. Also, I adore Eden. Do you have any fanart for her or like an image that inspired her look that you could post a link to?
cookieswirly chapter 9 . 4/4/2016
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Atlas is getting better! More updates please! This story gives me life. 3

I hope you see this one through! I love the plot line and there's so many directions you can go!
Guest chapter 9 . 4/4/2016
Soooo goood. Moar pls
Bookworm chapter 9 . 4/4/2016
What did the high tide mean? Was that fish God person/thing in the bay? Sorry I'm too lazy to go back searching for his name since I'm at work... I loved the update and I love her attitude of well I'm already in trouble might as well make the best of it. I can't wait to see what's in the garden and find out all the other answers on Eden's to do list.
JaeHee27 chapter 9 . 4/4/2016
I have been stalking this story like crazy hoping for an update and here it is! It met my expectations (every chapters actually . . . ) and left me wanting more! Eden is such an interesting character. There is still so much to know and learn about her. Her past and how she thinks is such a thrilling subject! Also, Atlas . . . poor Atlas. Hopefully he will recover with Eden's help and regain his strength. Now for Thetan, he can go screw himself because I would like for Eden to stay with Atlas forever! Haha. Anyway, excited for the next update - whether it be Handmaiden because I do extremely miss Ashent or The Lotus and the Loon because I am wanting more Eden and Atlas' chemistry. Happy writing! :)

- Jae Y.