Reviews for The Lotus and The Loon
lostlamb chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
Cute. I like it so far.
YouWantMyUsername chapter 2 . 10/8/2014
Handmaiden is wonderful and I will forever be a fan. But this? Its stunning and I've only read up to the second chapter. Are you a wizardess or something? You pulled me in and I'm not about to escape.

I love this setting, this introduction to your plot. I love the characters even though we haven't gotten into their pasts yet, and I love your style of writing. I feel like I'm in a theater, the words throwing images and motions into my head. Wouldn't that be something, if your books turned into equally awesome movies .

You grace the world with your gift. If earth didn't have good writers, I don't know what I'd do. I shall wait patiently for your next update. I'm already enthralled by the king. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 10/8/2014
Only two chapters in, and I'm hooked. This story seems to have more nuance even than handmaiden, and I absolutely cannot wait to see where it goes!
Esther chapter 2 . 10/7/2014
Ooh... I love this so far! Your setting is a typical medieval city... except one with those pipes for the tide and other hints of a slightly more advanced civilisation. Interesting.
And I really really like how Eden loves stairs... It's so random and interesting and not something I've ever thought about before.
There's a lot you've left unanswered so far, and I hope it will be answered later. Having each character have a tragic backstory purely for the sake of motivation is a little cliché... But we'll see where you go with it.
I was so happy to see you've undated Handmaiden-although it took so long that I've forgotten much of the plot. Maybe next time you could summarise the past few chapters if you don't update for a while?
Anyway, I hope you update this really really soon, because you've left off in a really interesting and suspenseful scene. :)
rozalicious678 chapter 2 . 10/7/2014
I LOVED it!
And I have got to say that I love your ideas!
Update SOON!
Ney13 chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Ah, good thing you clarified what a loon is. I would have thought it meant 'crazy person', lol.
Jazzei chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
I'm not sure if I've ever reviewed this - to be honest, I read the first chapter, loved it, and never got around to reading the second chapter because life threw a hail storm, a volcano eruption, a hurricane and then a sharknado at me. Today I finally got down to reading it, and just in case you didn't already know - it's a very interesting, eloquently written, piece. I like it, and it has great potential. I see the dynamics of Edens relationship with the King is going to be a source of discomfort as well as laughter. I would write more, but I'm being rushed off to leave for school again. (I did it now because I knew if I left before I wrote it I would forget.) Anyways, keep up the great writing.

Jaz
Guest chapter 2 . 10/3/2014
*screams* Update please!
Lily chapter 2 . 9/20/2014
I think you started off great. This story definitely has potential. With the suspense, some mysterious background, a room for romance and you got me hooked. I believe in you dear one, this is going to be a wonderful journey.
I want to recommend a story. It is 'Seduction by Starjean' a fanfic to be honest, but you don't need to know anything about characters. You can just start with the first chapter and have to get past their weird japanese names.
I think you can get something from it or you can suggest somethink to the writer. And no, I am not a freak advertising the story - I am one of those crazy fans of her story. She got eye condition though and stopped updating.
Will you read it? It IS good and you won't regret it. I want you to read it because idk, you and her have something common in your writing style.
sigea chapter 2 . 9/20/2014
Okay two little chapters and I'm already hooked! How do you do that? Your writing has so much life in it and I'm completely fascinated by this plot and the lore that you have already involved in it! Gahhhhh please please please if you ever publish a novel tell me! I cannot wait to read more of your amazing talent and I am so happy that you have started a second story! Honestly, I wish I could read a billion of your stories!
ghost reader chapter 2 . 9/15/2014
Let me preface this review by saying that I have loved reading Handmaiden since probably from around the time you first published it. Sorry to say that I'm a ghost reader and don't really review stories. I should change this-encouraging reviews are better than no reviews. Anyway, this actually the first review I've written EVER on this website. Apologies to all other authors. I'm just not very good at providing helpful advice/objective criticism. But I wanted to comment on this story because I think it has really great potential.

So maybe the first chapter didn't quite reel me in but from the summary the story sounds really interesting, and not all stories start off with a bang. The ending of the second chapter was just plain evil. I honestly cannot wait for the next chapter, no lies. I check your profile OBSESSIVELY to see if you've updated either story.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this story and can't wait to see where it goes!
sheryl chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
Omg omg omg omg! I thought Handmaiden was good but boy this was a doozy! OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GOOD. LIKE I REALLY WANT YOU TO UPDATE HANDMAIDEN BUT I WANT THIS TO BE UPDATED TOO But I don't want to bother you too much :( nevertheless, this is an awesome story!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
I don't know about anyone else, but I absloutely enjoyed first two chapters. There was no mess and everything was perfectly understandable. Loon and Lotus are unique with their personalties. I am looking forward to their character development.
This story has potential. There is no need for comparison between Handmaiden and this story. In just two chapters you can't make everything 'so interesting!'. You don't NEED to. If you have plot in your mind just keep it on the track and go on.
Listen, reviews are suggestions. There might be criticism but you don't need to go out of your way to please everyone. Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is YOUR story and you will keep it the way you want. So, please continue.
P.S.- You might want to read Narc's law of fictionpress.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
I was more bored than the Lotus here. The imagery isn't working- it's too dull. After reading the magnificence of Ashent's description of the West in 'Handmaiden', this chapter simply doesn't cut it. The element of intrigue is lacking. Even 'Handmaiden' started slow, but there was a dragon to keep things going, and there you make me feel what Artemis feels. Eden, the poor dear, falls short.
BlueBeads chapter 2 . 9/3/2014
This is my first 'encounter' with your works. I can't wait to start Handmaiden.
413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 Next »