Reviews for For the First Time
TURNER35 chapter 1 . 5/2/2021
Whoa, what a great story I just read. I suggest you join NovelStar’s writing competition, you might be their next big star.
msfoxycomets chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Nice job showing a character overcoming an obstacle. If you wanted to continue with this story, you could go back and flesh out the time jump between first waking in the hospital and "three weeks later." Showing those three weeks and the psychological experience she went through would be interesting to read.

Nice first effort.
jrwils628 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
In the beginning i thought when Kaelyn woke up she just immediately jumped into telling her mom when and why she started drinking. Every normal person i know would have been hesitant about just telling her parents that. But other than that great story and keep up the good work xD.
Katelyn McCallum chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Good. The plus is that i was able to get a glimpse of just what was going on in Kaelyn's mind. I liked that i could get a feel for how she was holding up physically and how that effected her mentally. The only negative was that i would have liked to understand the energy between Kaelyn and her mother a bit more. I'm unsure of what her mother was feeling...i understand the mother isn't the main character, it's just that the brief description of how the mother took in the situation of all that her daughter had been through, was a bit vague. Nevertheless, i enjoyed the story. It didn't feel like i was reading fiction, but rather Kaelyn's diary.
laurendiebert chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Great attention grabber in the begging and the descriptive details are amazing. I really like the story and it has a good lesson to learn from it as well.
Nathan219 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
I liked this story because there were plenty of descriptive details of how she felt physically. The relationship between her and her mother was intriguing too by having her ignore the fact that she had been drinking at parties. If you were too add to the story, I would have her experience one of the A.A. meetings.
David Riegle chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Nice Jess I can't find any major problems with your story.
JoshuaMabus chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
I really like this story. The characters were great and it had a great plot.