Reviews for Lady Jane: A Time For Us
Guest chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
Research your stories properly ffs.
This is woefully ignorant. You are not a good writer of romance or historical function.
Your characters are unlikeable, have no personality and you have so many badly written clich├ęs it's cringeworthy.
You have been given good advice; yet you choose to ignore it in favor of "praise" by reviewers who have the intellectual capacity of dog turd.
You must be a very belligerent person that's all I can say. I guarantee you will never get published writing rubbish like this.
At your age you should know better!
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 28 . 4/23/2015
Aww, thank you for this wonderful story!
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 27 . 4/16/2015
Wow. A lot in that chapter. I'm curious about the properties of the stones, because there is much that is being discovered scientifically now that was regarded as superstition then...
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 26 . 4/8/2015
Aw! That was very sweet between Bessie and Walter! Her outlook on life is an example to us all :-) Great update!
Aouregan chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
I've got to admit that I don't really like how this story is being written. I enjoy the concept of the story because I feel that alternative historical fiction opens up the door to writers who really want to explore what happened if this happened versus what we know happened. However, I feel that you are rushing into the story and only have Lady Jane Grey and her husband survive their ordeal just for the romance aspect of your story.

My English history knowledge is extremely limited as I am far more interested in the history of my own country. Sixteenth century England is as foreign of a land to me as Morocco was to the French at that time. That said, I know far more about sixteenth century French history than I do about our beloved neighbours across the channel. While I do know a little bit about Lady Jane Grey, and find that she is a very inspirational woman that was wrongly convicted and was murdered, I don't really know what was happening in England while she was alive.

I think that in order to understand the character and to get into her head, that you've got to understand the time period and to explain it to your readers as you write the story. For example, explain how Lady Jane got into her situation. Explain her feelings, what she saw and witnessed through her own eyes. I find that you are lacking in the feeling of this because you are desperate to add some romance.

That said, I've read on to future chapters to get a better idea of this story. France was locked in a terrible war in 1554, and the entire country was under blows from a king (Henri II de France) who thought that Protestants were guilty of being heretics. Would a group of French Protestants really be focusing on issues from a different country when they were being persecuted and condemned to death themselves?

This might be historical AU fiction, but you must keep some facts. Even though Lady Jane left a dangerous country, she entered another that was far more dangerous. She would have more of a chance being saved by these people then going to the Holy Roman Empire (Germany), which had Protestant sympathies than remaining in a country that had a king who would have killed this woman on the grounds that keeping her safe would bring a war that France might not win.

That said, I do like the concept of this story, and hope that you have more to it in future chapters than the romance aspect of it. I take Guilford as a man who wouldn't want to hide for the rest of his life, he'd want to do something so that he could go back to England without the threat of death. I am interested in what is going on in England now that Lady Jane Grey and her husband vanished, and whether or not there are any repercussions, and whether they will suffer the consequences later on.

I just think that you're overdoing the romance aspect of this story when there is such promise to make it far more into a story with plot, instead of being a fluff story that has none of it.

I think that you are a brilliant writer that has a lot of potential to be published one day. I am very happy that I came across this story, and now that I am reading on into the further chapters the more I find that the story is growing on me.
Lady Vi chapter 25 . 3/31/2015
I like where this is going!
Viola chapter 24 . 3/24/2015
This is so exciting! I look forward to the next chapter! How long are you going to continue this? You have enough ideas to keep it coming for generations, haha !
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 23 . 3/17/2015
Aw. This chapter made me sniffly...
Viola chapter 21 . 3/5/2015
This was so sweet! :,-D
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 20 . 2/23/2015
Wow. You made me all teary.
SophieBeaLouise chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
This is great! I'm totally going to carry on reading! :)
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 19 . 2/17/2015
Aw, this was heartbreaking. It seems like this would have been a good opportunity for the children to hear from their parents about the Protestants' doctrine of just war. Wow. Very sad. I hope he turns up after all.
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 17 . 1/26/2015
Terrible sorrow for the woman who lost her baby. This is a sensitive subject for me... But realistic considering the circumstances.

Coligny! Is this a period you've especial interest/expertise in, or did you have to research this? Either way, well done. I'm enjoying this fascinating hypothetical...
Lady Viola chapter 16 . 1/19/2015
Oh dear... My amazing little sister was born tiny, and it is a miracle that she survived even with today's technology. This chapter pulled some heart strings.
Lady Viola Delesseps chapter 15 . 1/9/2015