Reviews for The Punching Bag
Maeve111999 chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
That was REALLY good. This is, I think, one of your best written works. I completely agree that no person should be treated like this. It's really selfish the way John acted. Unfortunately, some people really act like that and manage to destroy others to feel better. You're story is really an example to all people living in this situation - as "John" or as "Rose".
Keep up the good work ! :)
Miss DJ Classy B chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
I'm still trying to catch up in your FanFictions but I read the recent author's note and I rushed over here. Lol! Anyways...wow! This story is...oh, la, la! It's so good! I couldn't stop reading. It really, really sucks when you try so hard to help someone, especially a friend, and they don't put in any effort to do better. I really like how Rose was selfless but knew her worth and got out of the relationship. Excellent story! :)
KLR chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
I'm glad the main character could realize she needed to get away from a relationship that just requires all the hard input from her, with none of the rewards or benefits. Honestly, this was sort of hard to read at times because I have a friend in a similar situation to the main character, and she's an open heart who sometimes can't see the error of her ways as well. However, loved the raw emotion here. If you decide to write here regularly, let me know!
Darien Fawkes chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
This is a really impressive piece. I was wondering where it was going through all of this. I liked the exploration into a relationship that wasn't working...and it's not even a romantic one.

What happened here was almost a kind of abusive relationship. The guy didn't treat his friend right, he used her whenever he was down, and while it's clear he had his problems, while it explained his actions, it doesn't excuse them. It's one of the most painful and frustrating things about trying to help a friend like this. It's also the main reason mental health care professionals are forbidden to establish real-world relationships with patients.

He was a dependant person, who needed real help, but in the end, a friendship like that can only last so long. It's painful, but any abusive relationship needs to end. I like the resolution here, and thought the whole piece was great. Impressive.