Reviews for Prop
JoshuaMabus chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
I really liked your story. I also liked how everybody was brain washed except for the one person. Then when to men came to come have her removed it got really interesting.
msfoxycomets chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
A perfect community with a perfect name, haha. Love the use of commercials to brainwash people. Very realistic...I would just suggest that you have it take more time than just a couple days to work. Have it slowly build up.

A couple mechanical errors but otherwise fine!

I would be interested to see how this plays out in the larger scheme of things. How is the federal government involved? Are there other communities like this? What's the end game? Etc...

Interesting concept!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Interesting... I didn't see the ending coming! Nice job :)
Nathan219 chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Nice mysterious ending. I still cant get over the whole Prop made by Praganda thing.
LittleDeadFly chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
So the main character is instantly aware of the lack of subtlety in the billboard and wants nothing to do with it, but when Kyle suggests they go for it anyway, she gives in? Isn't that a little too fast? They don't even argue about it first?

[***a week later***]

Don't do this. Transition should be clear in the narration.

The TV turns on, launching into a very brazen, no subtlety brainwashing. It should be a lot more subtle than that. What I don't understand is the main character's reaction. She somehow knows that this is all wrong, but why? How? If these are how the announcements are being run, wouldn't she already get used to them? Who told her that this isn't the way things are supposed to be?

The ending is also very rushed. It just feels like the concept needed a lot more development, or at least a more subtle message.
BarrenChasm chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
Huh, interesting. I like the name, propaganda, that's a bit clever.