Reviews for Law of Bellington
charles-smythe chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
I have 20 years of pistol shooting experience...shooting the gun out of someone's hand in a stress situation is to be blunt 'BULL SHIT'...& a real gunman RE-LOADS his pistol before re-holstering it...(IE: he thumbed open the loading gate, punched out the spent cartridges and replaced tem with fresh rounds from his belt before returning it to its holster.)...
Bob Story Builder chapter 5 . 2/1/2015
Awww! Loving this story. You got a new favorite! The characters are wonderfully introduce with a gruff grace that embodies the West.
A Fire Rose chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Interesting start! I would say that at the beginning, you said how the townspeople felt instead of showing their reactions. You also mentioned a football term, but the sport would not yet have been invented. It is also highly unlikely that one could shoot a gun out of the hand of another.
That being said, I like the unique premise of benevolent vigilantes stopping criminals. Nicely done on the names, which are fitting for the time. And way to start with some action!
Hedonistic Opportunist chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
This is a really cool concept, but suffers from being a bit rushed and maybe not fleshed well enough at points. I don't want to suggest you inject a heavier writing style, because your writing style is already vivid and quite smooth. I especially like how you wrote out the actions because they were brief, sweet and to the point; they didn't require any extra effort on my part to the understand what was going on I just felt that some of the writing could have, on a technical level, been strengthened a bit – but that's something a good beta reader can do for you.

It's an interesting plot too; I like that we have a group of guys doing good. It's a mixture of Bonaza and other fun series :3 There's a lot of good humour in this, and the characters seem entertaining so far – I like how they all work so well together, because it shows what a good team they are. I like how the bad guys had personality too, which made the action scenes more fun, because of how they were constantly underestimating themselves.

Your dialogue I like too, because it's very natural-sounding and flows well.

This review was brought to you by the Review Game Forum's October Review Marathon (link in my profile).