Reviews for A Mutually Beneficial Arrangement
Toffeema chapter 7 . 4/7/2016
Your story and writing are very good. I know it's been a while, but would you reconsider continuing this story?
Guest chapter 7 . 4/25/2015
update please please
Carmel March chapter 7 . 11/3/2014
This is SO good. Please update soon! :)
shinju asuka chapter 7 . 10/30/2014
They kisseeed! Never i'm this excited to the kissing part! Love this chapter! Excited to find out what would happened next! :D
BlackHare9 chapter 7 . 10/30/2014
oooh men really get jealous easily. how cute.
Wendy Thompson135th chapter 5 . 10/30/2014
_It's_ is a contraction of it is, with the apostrophe indicating the omitted 'i'. _Its_ is the third person neuter possessive pronoun: Its. '...from its very inception...'
Selfishing is not even a word, and certainly NOT the same as selfishNESS
Last pararaph: who is speaking? Alexander is the last character mentioned, but Christopher is the the last character to act. Unclear.
anime09 chapter 7 . 10/29/2014
Please update soon! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Shadowswept chapter 7 . 10/29/2014
This is my favorite chapter so far. I love Catherine's spirit, and she does remind me a bit of Elizabeth Bennett with her willful attitude. Christopher is a good match for her too. He wasn't expecting her to initiate anything, but he certainly responded without any hesitation to that kiss. Very hot and exciting scene! I believe her revelation about her brief experience with Alex has planted the seed of jealousy. I also thought that Catherine's observation of Christopher's hands earlier in the evening was sexy. That is something most writers would overlook, but it's a great sensual detail. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter, and I appreciate the quick updates.
Shadowswept chapter 6 . 10/29/2014
I love how you hint at the chemistry between them. That is how I've always wished to write, but I just keep blundering into it without the finesse you display here. I especially liked the description of her noticing his eyes, and the way he's surprised and delighted by her enough for his reserve to keep slipping. You're building this romance on much more than the physical, which is how it happens in real life but is very difficult to translate into fiction. You've accomplished it, though, writing vivid, interesting personalities.
Shadowswept chapter 5 . 10/29/2014
I see there is going to be plenty of opportunity for jealousy for both of them. People tend to remember only the good things after someone dies, so Catherine will be competing with his idealized memories. And Alexander is younger and could possibly be seen as more exciting than Christopher. Although I like the more manly Mr. Blackpool. And he finally called her Mrs. Blackpool! I love the subtle possessiveness of it in this scene.
Shadowswept chapter 4 . 10/29/2014
It's been forever since I've read a historical romance, and now I'm reminded of why I love them so. Ahh, to leave the modern world behind and be transported to another time and place. Even the cliche of a man being put into the awkward circumstances of having to undress a woman he is not yet intimate with comes across as elegant and refined here. That's due to your wonderful writing.
So now the plot thickens. I foresee trouble with this Alexander, and I'm curious about Catherine's history with him. And Mrs. Buxton is quickly becoming a beloved character for me.
ALotOfAliases chapter 7 . 10/29/2014
Hey! I love this story, your writing style and the chemistry between the two lead characters! Your writing seems very experienced, and I really like both of the main characters - as well as the fact that the story is set in England! But yeah, just so you know, you're doing a great job (they finally kissed! Ahh the tension and jealousy!) And I'm reading this story, so I hope you update soon! :)
Be My Valentine chapter 7 . 10/29/2014
Exciting. Write more.
SD chapter 6 . 10/27/2014
Lovely and waiting for the next chapter!
Scarlett chapter 6 . 10/26/2014
Can I ask, is Catherine's name a deliberate nod to Austen's Northanger Abbey? Because I'm loving the tiny parallels, like their common love of romance novels - though this Catherine seems less likely to assume that her life actually is one! Little does she know...

Also this Catherine is perhaps more Bennett than Morland in temperament ;)

LORD FAIRCHILD WHAT ARE YOU DOING SHE IS MARRIED. STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY.

(In case you were wondering, I'm very much shipping Mr and Mrs Blackpool)

This is just so. much. fun. It's light and soapy and tropey and ADORABLE. Your writing flits around like a butterfly, it's just darling. I can't wait for the next instalment!
37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »