Reviews for A Mutually Beneficial Arrangement
Scarlett chapter 5 . 10/26/2014
Oh my god I need to know the whole story between Alexander and our heroine! THERE'S SO MORE TO IT. I knowwwww it!

Sorry these reviews are just nonsense but I'm having so much fun reading this!
Scarlett chapter 4 . 10/26/2014
THEY'RE TOTALLY GOING TO HATE EACH OTHER AND THEN BANG IN AN APPROPRIATELY T-RATED FASHION.

I love this so far! I'm so so invested!
Scarlett chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Ooooh I am so so intrigued. SO SO INTRIGUED.

They totally hate each other and then end up banging, right? I mean that in a period-appropriate way.
Carmel March chapter 6 . 10/28/2014
Loved this chapter, and I'm seriously loving this story! Can't wait for an update!
Shadowswept chapter 3 . 10/27/2014
That was a surprise finding out he's been married before. No wonder he tries to keep his distance from people after such a loss. I love the mixture of tension and reluctant interest between Catherine and Christopher. It's steadily building the anticipation in your readers for when passion will flare between them. I think you're doing a great job with everything, including the way they speak. I also like this new character, Mrs. Buxton.
shinju asuka chapter 6 . 10/27/2014
Now we know what happened in the past between Catherine and Alexander! I kinda wish that once they started to talk each other again, Christopher would be jealous. I'm looking forward to reading the next update!
Shadowswept chapter 2 . 10/24/2014
I finally got a chance to get back to reading, and I am loving this story. They already have great chemistry, but I'm enjoying the slow build between them. It's so fun that they have this formal, somewhat reserved demeanor with each other although they are married. Yet there is a lively, sly banter between them. So far it is an engagingly written romance. I also enjoyed Christopher's contemplation while she was asleep.
Kikichaka chapter 4 . 10/16/2014
That was a nice twist. 2 new characters
Carmel March chapter 4 . 10/17/2014
I love your writing style - it really fits in with the time period and this type of story. This was exactly what I was in the mood to read, so thank you! I can't wait for more.
Be My Valentine chapter 4 . 10/16/2014
Catherine fainted at the end of chapter 2. The issue of her fainting seemed to be a major revolving plot-line throughout the whole of chapter 3, and towards the middle of chapter 4. Don't get me wrong, I get you want to show different reactions of the people tending to her, but personally, I feel "fainting-gate" is such a minor issue (unless she's caught scarlet fever? or something serious like that), it should've been wrapped up quickly, before more action ensued.

At the end of this chapter, I became excited when Alexander Fairchild's imminent arrival was introduced. At last, the plot is moving again!

Lastly, I'm with you. Cliches and tropes are fantastic things, but originality is a beauty too. You have such wonderful potential, that I think you will be able to blend the two. I would love to be surprised/enthralled/excited whilst reading your plot, and you have every tool necessary to bring it to me.

Good luck and I'm anticipating the next chapter.
Shadowswept chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
It absolutely isn't rough at all. I would say it's professional quality writing, which is a rare find on this site. I'm thrilled I've stumbled upon your wonderful story of an era when people addressed each other so politely, but still managed to convey so much attitude between the lines. I love Pride and Prejudice, but hardly anyone writes such books anymore. Thank you so much for posting this gem!
shinju asuka chapter 3 . 10/14/2014
Oh! His late wife... What actually happened? Curious... Curious... Curious...
I really enjoyed reading this chapter, like the previous ones. For me the length of these three chapters are okay, because you updated this story quite fast. That's much better than longer chapter with longer update time.
Looking forward to reading your next chapters!
Be My Valentine chapter 3 . 10/14/2014
*A dead wife (is) of no use to me. The word in brackets was missing.
When a prior Mrs Blackpool was mentioned, the tale of "Bluebeard" just popped into my head. The dude that kept popping of his wives.

I'm sure Christopher isn't that malevolent, but it was a fun (if far-fetched) comparision to make.
Be My Valentine chapter 2 . 10/13/2014
I am thrilled you are pulling in the readers, because it is much more likely, you will keep updating. I've had a gander at your profile, and I'm glad your putting those two degrees to good use. I'm of the ilk where I don't believe you necessarily have to study creative writing to be good at it, but clearly some people go through these courses, and they emerge iridescent.

Sabreal is my buddy, and I echo what she says. Write slightly longer chapters :D
Sabreal chapter 2 . 10/12/2014
Almost like a "pirates of the carribean" moment. Fainting because of a restrictive corset.
I would love if you could do slightly longer chapters *pouts*
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »