Reviews for Topsy-Turvy
RieH chapter 1 . 4/14/2016
Easy, light and fun - as always excellent writing.
flanerie chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
GAH SO CUTE
londongirl123 chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
This is a very cute, funny one-shot! I couldn't believe the beginning, I would be absolutely mortified but romance was found in the end which is a bonus! Great job!
Red chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
YOU ARE SO GOOD AT WRITING I LOVE YOU
MileyRowling chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
This was great!
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Wow, Jackie, I'm super impressed with your entry! I expected quality from you and I definitely got it. The pacing is just right in this one shot and the plot is great. I love how you fit in the prompt photo and also the Romeo and Juliet mention. I had a similar idea (as far as the photo) but christmas and end of the semester work got in the way. Kinda glad I never got around to writing an entry because I wouldn't want to go up against something as strong as this.
Carmel March chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
I have missed your updates so much, so I was beyond thrilled to see this pop up in my inbox. I might have squealed a bit embarrassingly haha! I LOVED it. You sure do know how to write something short, sweet, and just an all-around joy to read. Freya was such a refreshing main character - loved the fact that she was an engineering major, by the way - and Jake was so cute. Adam and Beth were great, too, and I definitely see the potential for a sequel there (yes, that was a hint :)). Thank you so much for writing this and I hope to see more from you in the future!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
It's stories like that make me want to not submit my own entries... Your one shots are always so cute and funny! I am so glad that you are back to posting on here! Your stuff is always so good and so well written. I really enjoy your characters and how you manage to do this in so few words. My one shots anymore are up close to 10,000. It makes me kind of jealous. Anyway, great work and congrats on honorable mention!
Julietish chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
This one-shot is absolutely light-hearted and fluffy in a very well-written manner. My favorite aspect of it has to be the narrator-she’s so genuine, intelligent, and witty. With only 5000 words for me to get to know her, I found it impossible not to like her. I felt like I knew her thoroughly with this one-shot of a glimpse into her life. Also, the interplay between Beth and Adam had me rooting for them to get together and hoping for them to have a one-shot/story of their own. Lastly, I loved the setting-I could relate to it so much. The one-shot was very cohesive as well with panties serving as the beginning and end with darts in between. Every word of this was very entertaining to read. I am so glad you participated, and I hope you decide to submit again for the next round! Your one-shot earns the award of honorable mention, so congratulations!
displacedfemale chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
I really liked this.

I'd have loved for it to be longer (I wasn't ready to stop reading your work) but i think it works perfectly well as it is! Great job
rosieroo chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
GIRL HOW AM I MEANT TO PUT UP MY STORY AFTER THIS INCREDIBLE PIECE OF WORK?! How you manage to balance writing fabulous stuff like this with that fabulous other side of your life is beyond me :)

I love how this connected so well together, as in there were small connections (the panties, darts, etc) the whole way through, and it really served to bring it together and make it very cohesive. I love the way you incorporated the prompt and made it such a focus! It's made me think about the next SC, where I think I'll focus more strongly around the prompt than what I normally do, because this turned out beautifully!

Love it! Great work!
A Different Kind of Yellow chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
It started like any old laundry fic - like doing your washing at 2am when it's quiet - but the middle and ending were great! Very different and I found it hilarious that she got stuck! We don't get that problem in the UK (almost all non-topped washers) but I'm in NZ just now and I can totally get how that could happen! Keep up the good work, I love one shots!
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Ah this is such a lovely use of the prompt! Quick, addictive and has us hooked from the very beginning! I like the little side storyline of Adam/Beth too which is very university friends like. You've made it completely realistic and left me wondering where my saviour was when I was doing late night laundry... Perfect writing as always!
Pumpkinflower chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Loving it!

...and desperately waiting for Adam/Beth sequel... ;)