Reviews for Icarus Rising
theBatmanisShakakah chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Ahhhhhhh! I loved this! I loved your world building, the descriptions were so beautifully detailed and illustrative. Your characters were in depth and I loved both of them - even the girl and I'm usually indifferent to the girl. I loved the world you made and the people you described. It was only 9,000 words yet every single sentence was powerful and to the point. Definitely one of my favourites :)
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Rosie, my darling girl, you've done it again. I've already read this of course, but I just need to leave a review to say how great this turned out. I can't believe you created an entire universe like this for your sc entry. I mean, I really admire the work you put into this.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
I liked it. This story had a lot things crammed into it, but you did try to make it as developed as possible for a one shot. I think this could be expanded into a full length story.
Julietish chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Oh, my goodness, Rosie. You went and created an entire universe, set this one-shot in it, so I certainly hope you are thinking of revisiting it! What really stuck out to me the entire time was that you thoroughly knew the business of this otherly world. The concept of resistance, Guardians, hellwolves-they are all things I wanted to learn more about so you are completely and utterly required to write something else set in this world. The descriptions of Allirah were so, so beautiful and enchanting. You let the one-shot end at just the right moment with just the right emotions. There’s one small typo I caught in the line “You can’t put any wait on your leg…”, ‘wait’ should be ‘weight’. One of my favorite parts from reading submissions is stumbling across the prompt, and I loved how adventurous & happy the scene of the prompt was. Your one-shot was absolutely incredible, so thank you for participating so much! And congratulations-this one is the winner for this round!
thenifoundfivedollars chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
This is so flippin' awesome, girl! I love it. It's one of those oneshots I was eager to gobble up in one sitting, but as I was reading a part of me was wishing it could be a longer, multi-chapter story. It's definitely lengthy, but even though it wasn't 'full length' it had enough detail for me to get a good handle on the setting and enough development for me to grow to enjoy the characters.

While I Love Tate and Alli and their romance, I was most intrigued by the universe you crafted. Brilliant! Rosie dear, you're amazing and I look forward to reading more by you SOON. :D
CharlyB chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
I love your super-long stories! Thanks for posting; I enjoyed the mini-universe you created.
bluebells chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Simply AMAZING! Love everything about it.
bookwurm247 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014