Reviews for The Quietest Evening
John Spangler chapter 1 . 2/23/2017
Hello, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this story. It's really one of the most creepy things I've found on this site. It kept me glued to the screen until the last chapters, and I never got bored. Thanks for writing it.
Guest chapter 24 . 1/18/2017
I'm so glad that this story updated! It's one of my favourite stories I've discovered on Fictionpress. I know that the author already called this complete, but I was wondering if we would get an epilogue, or if the author simply intended for us to come to our own conclusions. Either way, great work, and I look forward to seeing more from you, Malevolent Reverie!
xiomara209 chapter 24 . 1/14/2017
Powerful..
El'Deva chapter 18 . 10/25/2016
Ow ! The suspens !
Tookie J chapter 18 . 7/4/2016
Really hope you haven't given up writing this story because its by far the best I've seen so far on this site. I can not wait to see an update to this. I have a feeling I already know the kidnapper but I still love where this story might go (;
Please hurry and update this soon c:
dipsydoodle1 chapter 18 . 2/10/2016
Ugh. Chris is such a snake.
Be My Valentine chapter 6 . 10/17/2015
That surprised me!
He's got three other captives?
That detail stood out from the rest.
Be My Valentine chapter 4 . 10/17/2015
Wait? Is Charlotte still in school? Or is she on a gap year? Normally elementary schools and high schools sync up their term times, so I was wondering...You were right. This chapter was quick. I think I have to read the next chapter, to know how I feel about this one.
Be My Valentine chapter 3 . 10/17/2015
Now I'm glad I continued. The first chapter was very deceptive, to how good you could be. This chapter was better than the last. I'm reading it for the plot, and maybe because I'm getting interested, it's like you're not making any mistakes XD I love it when that happens.
Be My Valentine chapter 2 . 10/17/2015
Better.
Be My Valentine chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
Thrillers are usually different from other types of narration, because they rely more on shorter sentences to get the tension flowing. Under all the typos, and phrasing that at times lack punctuation, I can tell you can be someone quite good. Because the generic idea of being chased in the "woods", has some flashes of inspiration. Particularly when you put forward the "power of three."

For eg:

"Wet, hot, terror."

and

"Pure, visceral instinct."

Your two most promising lines. This alone, wouldn't convince me to keep reading, but since you already have 15 chapters up, I feel compelled to continue. Okay chapter. Would be quite good with a bit of polish.
Harley Quinn chapter 15 . 9/22/2015
AHHHHHHH!
YOURE BACK!
I'm so happy to have something to read, school has been a killer this past week and I just happened to check here so this is a treat :) thank you! Can't wait for more, as always!
Akiyume chapter 15 . 9/12/2015
From the introduction of Chris, I thought he would definitely be the abductor but now I'm beginning to severely doubt myself O_O. Your style of story-telling is completely mesmerising and thrilling and it's been a while since I've read a good horror story.
Brilliant chapter and looking forward to the next one!
LetMeWonder chapter 15 . 9/9/2015
GET AWAYYYY FROM CHRIS!
Raiding Windmills chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
Wowza! What a start! At first glance, this seems like a typical start to a horror story: screaming, running from a mysterious pursuer, and a lot of heavy-handed description. But aside from all that being just plain well done )"I am all sensation. Wet, hot, terror," is a great line!), there's this odd element that the pursuer doesn't seem, well, bed.

The first thing that tipped me off was "He taught me that word," which caught me off guard because what kind of relationship does that mean they have?

Calling her princess could also imply a relationship, but could also be just creepy.

But that last part? "Come here, Ana. You need your inhaler." What is that? The normalcy of that statement leads me to think that Anabel isn't in her correct state of mind and whatever is in her system is causing her to see enemies all around her. Maybe? I don't know anything but the ambiguity is killing me!

I'm looking forward to reading on!
69 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »