Reviews for Unwaging War
BradytheJust chapter 4 . 2/2/2016
Another wonderful chapter!
The character development was spot on and I really enjoyed the conversations between Dareth and Alithea. I also enjoyed the paragraph about the mental bond that was forming between the two, how they slowly will become dependent on each other. It makes sense and you pulled it off wonderfully.
I also laughed a bit at the twist of fate Alithea is being dealt. First the Lorans hold her prisoner, the the Earth forces hold her prisoner, and now the Lorans again. Something tells me history is going to repeat itself with Dareth rescuing her...

Can't wait to read more! Chapter 5 here I come! :)
BradytheJust chapter 3 . 1/31/2016
Wow! Another Wonderful job!
Opening the novel with a space battle and a human raid really grabbed my attention and was a great start! I would have liked to spend a bit more time on the space fighting and see what types of ships and weapons Earth has at 2255 as well as the designs and capabilities of the Loran ships. I also would have liked to see a description of the human attack squad and their weapons/armor. Do they have armor, spacesuits, iron-man gear? Laser rifles, plasma weapons, energy guns? I personally would like to see the battle expanded and described.
Having Altithea save Dareth was something I kinda saw coming, but having him betray her and save the war council...didn't see that coming and I freaked out when I did!
I really liked how you had both Alithea and Dareth think of one another while they were in their cells, it really adds to the fact that they are slowly falling in love, but still deny it.

Can't wait to see what happens next! :)
BradytheJust chapter 2 . 1/30/2016
Well here I am! :) I must say this before I start the review:
This is one of the best Sci-fi/ romance stories I've ever read (and I'm only on chapter 2! It ranks up there with Star Wars and Star Trek though).
Your writing style is really descriptive and I could see everything in my mind's eye (although I would still like to have the pictures). The opening paragraph with the focus on the flawed helmet was really well done and it added a sense of mystery to the story.
The description of life in the prison along with the mention of the Loran's telepathic abilities made me panic as I realized how important the flawed helmet actually was!
Finally the kiss scene was incredible and well written, much better than my kiss scenes!
Chapter 2 didn't feel all that long to me, as you melded the background of Alithea and the present day as if they were one event, not many writers can do that well, but you did.
The character development was spot on and the Loran council gave me chills when they ordered her back into the prison.
One more positive comment and then I'll stop, but the two chapters I've looked at so far are phenomenal and you really have talent. I look forward to reading more! :)
Cackling Cactus chapter 9 . 1/25/2015
Whoo! Finally, a truce! But I can't help but be more interested right now in what's happening off-screen, as it were. XD But still, this is a great chapter:)
Cackling Cactus chapter 8 . 1/25/2015
Well, Taun shows his true colors...literally. XD But that Kol! XDXD I could high-five him for his plan! XD I just hope Alithea's plan works too. I could kick Taun in the fork for what he's doing to her. -_-
And I've noticed as well, arrogance always seems to be the villain's downfall, I've noticed. Sheesh, you'd think they'd learn. And the sad thing is the heroes aren't much better, a lot of times.
Cackling Cactus chapter 7 . 1/25/2015
True, Taun's the slimeball, but it's a shame he's gotta be such a funny one. XD Although he clearly has ulterior motives, I like him in this chapter. Lol I know, I'm despicable. XD
Well, it looks like Dareth's doing the unthinkable, and it doesn't sound like it's gonna end well at all *zip-face from Howrse*
And thanks for the shoutout! *dances* I appreciate it so much! *party-face-from-Howrse*
kiki19857 chapter 14 . 1/15/2015
Will there be a second book? I cannot help think that there might be with the last two paragraphs about Taun at the end.
kiki19857 chapter 12 . 1/10/2015
Is this the end? It's certainly a sweet ending.
kiki19857 chapter 10 . 1/7/2015
That's good story! Wonder how Dareth can get them out. Good luck!
Aryth chapter 7 . 12/29/2014
I like the turn of events and the introduction of Taun! I wonder how Alithia and Taun will get along...
There sure is a lot of escaping in this story! I hope Dareth will be alright. I can tell how he is becoming more like an Earthen, and it looks like Taun noticed too. Way to go Dareth for making a move!
Cackling Cactus chapter 6 . 12/29/2014
Hahaha, you're right, Raden *is* rising is popularity. XD I like him. Lol But Slugboy? How in the world does that fit into the picture? 0_o XDXD
Poor Alithea, she's just crashed. This is not good. And Dareth's running out of options. It looks like a lose-lose situation here, but something tells me that's not gonna be the case. So I'm gonna make me a peanut butter sandwich while I wait for the events to unfold. XD
Aryth chapter 6 . 12/27/2014
Definitely a new favorite of mine, your story is fresh, exciting and well written. I appreciate the moral dilemmas the characters are dealing with and think it adds depth to the story. It's just so good! Looking forward to more!
Cackling Cactus chapter 5 . 12/27/2014
I have to respect that Alithea's alliances still lie with Earth, after everything that's happened. I'm curious though, exactly how will Dareth's plan work? And I like Raden. XD
Cackling Cactus chapter 4 . 12/27/2014
Dareth's redeeming himself in my book. Iron Wing...that's very familiar...XDXD
Aw, I like the interaction here! It's so sweet! And sort of weirdly worrying too. How they influence each other's feelings and such. It's like they're becoming one. Of course, that's what you meant, isn't it? XD
...Well. This is just a lose-lose situation anyway you turn it. I'd forgotten til I re-read this how much one of these situations utterly suck. -_-
Cackling Cactus chapter 3 . 12/27/2014
The Calvary has arrived! Da-da-da-daaaa!
Alithea, honey, are you familiar with the term, "No good deed goes unpunished?" You might have taken a little more precaution before-hand.
Poor girl:( She just gets the worst of every situation. Dad-gum you, Dareth! If it wasn't for you, none of this would have happened. Grrr..._ But I can relate. Unwanted thoughts are always the first to show up. -_-
48 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »