Reviews for What was it?
co-creating metamorphosis chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Wow, this poem leaves me with chills. You do an excellent job at demonstrating the impact your mother's sickness has on your entire household. There is a very clear energy that you portray through your writing. The reader is really left with a concrete feeling and emotion.

Some of my favourite phrases are (it's hard to choose!) ... "dogeared pages", "the cereal slowly cementing to the breakfast bowls", "it was her shadow".

Infinite love.
CM
M. Tarleton chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
This poem is touching because it feels so personal. You do a good job demonstrating how much your mum did around the house, for you personally, and how, without her presence, nothing seemed to direct you anymore. The idea of "staying very, very still because nothing / Nothing was pulling you in any direction" seems the most tragic to me because it demonstrates the significance of your mother to you, how she influenced, guided, and helped you. All of the little images in here, the "shoddy lightbulbs," the "cereal slowly cementing to the breakfast bowls," and the "pins and needles, the static" make this poem all the more effective.

Beautiful!