Reviews for Sphallolalia
dances on echoes chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
this is so gorgeous and raw, amazing rhythm and i love the line "I can't remember how to write you out."
girl- reinvented chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
And again, there you are with perfect closing lines, and impeccable rhythm. Gahh. Don't be surprised if I end up review bombing you all night, doll.
co-creating metamorphosis chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
"you dress me in colors/that I don't have the courage to wear" - yes! I love this!

"I can't remember how to write you out" - heh, I love the allusion. "drink you in"

I really enjoyed this poem! Thank you for sharing it. You painted a very clear scene and used the ol' "snow, not tell" concept quite excellently.

Infinite love.
CM
cassi crysta chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
ohhh, so pretty. good job!
M. Tarleton chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
Whoa-this is gorgeous. You express your narrator's troubled state so well; I can feel her doubt and confusion, her longing for a different partner and/or situation, perhaps someone and/or something that better suits her personality. I adore the lines, "We bathe ourselves in fireworks / and you dress me in colors, / that I don't have the courage to wear." So much indulgence, danger, and boundary-pushing in this relationship; there seems to be an undercurrent of unhappiness and desire, which makes this poem especially compelling. Certainly, I'm only speculating on the narrator's circumstances and wishes, and I think your writing is beautiful.

Best wishes!