Reviews for Somewhere Else
Guest chapter 18 . 6/19
Please update
heal me forever chapter 18 . 3/26
I love this story. I have re-read it 5 times minimum I love Emi and I can relate to her character so much. Wish you would update this soon :)
Canada1 chapter 7 . 3/1
I've just recently discovered your stories and am systematically reading through all of them. I generally don't read incomplete works because I don't like to wait for updates, but I so enjoyed what you did with Aksel & Emilie that I had to start this hoping you will come back to finish it. What are the chances?
You are a very talented writer. Thank you for sharing your body of work. And I know life gets busy, but I really hope you will be able and willing to complete this story and dare I say write some more.
My family and I will be in Helsinki this summer to celebrate Finland's 100th year of independence from Russia, so I'll look up some of the places you've written about here.
Claire chapter 18 . 2/28
Heard you were discontinuing Aksel2 and pretty upset - is there a way to read any of the remaining material you wrote?
Interfector chapter 18 . 12/25/2016
This is really getting heartbreaking to read. I hope they can solve this soon. I really want them together. :((
Anon-y-maus chapter 18 . 11/14/2016
It's been so long since you updated! Wish there's an update before 2016 runs out. Good luck! :)
Guest chapter 18 . 9/6/2016
Ugh whyyyyyy. I wish I could read chapter 19...
Guest chapter 18 . 7/21/2016
I discovered this story a couple days ago and I just finished it. It's amazing! I hope you will continue this one day...
The way you describe Emilie's struggles is beautiful and heartbreaking. I actually had tears in my eyes most of the time.
I know how tough learning a new language can be. I am Estonian, our language is one of the most difficult to learn and Finnish is even more difficult... I had to learn Dutch during my exchange year but that was easier since I was already pretty much fluent in English...

And I love how Aksel's character gets more complicated as the story progresses.
I truly love this story and I do hope you'll continue this. I would love to see them get their happy ending (if there even is such a thing).
iamanacorn chapter 18 . 5/25/2016
Yay! An update! This chapter was actually very well written- I do agree with you in terms of Aksel's breaking point. Although Emi's frustrations are understandable, I'm glad to see that Aksel's also beginning to crack under all that negativity around Emi. That cliffhanger though... I wonder how they're going to get over this obstacle. Can't wait for more!
jessskaaaaa chapter 18 . 5/22/2016
I can't stop crying when I read this story! You capture the emotions so well and my feelings are all over the place! Please update!
Guest chapter 18 . 5/20/2016
Agh I want to stick around but I'm dyyyying to see the finish line for this story. Do you ever wish you stories on fiction press were just completed and put on the site so you could binge read the whole thing? Cause that's how I feel about this story. Right. Now. Ufbendkenejdicns
Claire chapter 18 . 5/19/2016
Great chapter! It's been a long time coming, I think. Can't wait for the next one! :)
jiebom chapter 18 . 5/16/2016
this chapter made me want to give up.. (not giving up to follow this story) but giving up the relationship. Emi don't want to try..i know..everything is different.. but love is about doing the best together.. no? and Axel.. i don't know.. maybe they need to communicate more? but language difference sure hard..but love can overcome everything right.. i dunno..
i dunno which side to take.. i usually siding with the heroine but.. maybe they should break up? but then.. i dunno.. haha
Thanks for the chapter.. i hope you'll update again soon.. this story keep on replying in my head.. hurting my heart.. sigh..
ellaistria chapter 18 . 5/15/2016
Hi there,
I’m sorry I haven’t actually reviewed before. I am 100% hooked on this story. Completely invested. You are breaking my heart with every chapter but…
I really like the way you have portrayed Emi’s feelings. Every detail is very symbolic because it goes to show another layer. And just when you think things are bad enough, something else happens that proves things can always get worse. But that’s life I guess and I think that is one of the greatest things about this story: that is very realistic.
I can’t expect Emi’s feelings of uprootedness to change over night because when you are away from your country and you miss it, it’s like a wound that only grows bigger and deeper. And I think by showing her every day struggles, you are showing how difficult it actually is.
At the end of the day, language is a barrier. People think that learning another language it’s just learning how to understand what people say in that certain language. And that couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s not just grammar, spelling and phonetics, it’s also learning how people function in another culture. What they say and what they don’t say, what is humorous for them and what is not. It’s such an intricate and complex issue and I think it’s great how you have described Emi’s frustration towards learning Finnish. It’s such a challenging and difficult task and it requires a lot of effort jumping that gap from one culture to another.
And it’s so true what you’ve said that there is an innate confidence that can’t be imitated when you are in a place that you are not familiar with, speaking a language you are not used to. You just can’t fully express yourself and, therefore, it’s as if you can’t truly be yourself.
I think it’s great that Aksel is changing because as you’ve said, he has feelings too and he has been dealing with Emi’s issues all along. And he has been far too kind and accepting. He is human too, and showing his side just makes the story more real and his character also.
Anyhow, I won’t make this much longer. Thanks so much for updating :) You are seriously an amazing writer. I’m looking forward to reading the next chapter!
SnoQueen chapter 18 . 5/15/2016
I haven't reviewed the last few chapters just because I didn't feel there was a huge amount of progress with Emi and Aksel. Emi was still finding it difficult to fit in, and I was starting to get impatient with her thoughts, to be honest. But this chapter...this has completely broken my heart. I kind of expected it would come to this at one point, but man! It burns! ):
Absolutely love your writing, can't say that enough. Really looking forward to what happens next!
162 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »