Reviews for Somewhere Else
sootyxsnowpetal chapter 3 . 1/24/2015
I think not showing the details of their touristy trips is fine. Maybe flesh out one trip and then time skip the rest? I feel like the emotions for one trip is representative of a lot of what emotions are present when visiting the other places. The dinner, though, that really brought all of their travels to a conclusion of sorts regarding what Emilie feels about her life in Helsinki so far.

Thanks for this update - bring on the long chapters, because I'm ready for it :) Keep up the great work thus far!
foreternity chapter 3 . 1/24/2015
loving this already! (: emilie and aksel are adorable.
bluebells chapter 2 . 1/20/2015
I do agree that the sex between Emelie and Aksel is a bit meaningless, mainly because there's not much...buildup? I feel they would be made stronger if there was more of a connection between them, I guess.
As for the 'rushed' aspect: I think it's perfectly alright that you skip over the graphic parts. But, again- could do with more building of intimacy other than physically. My favourite parts are when they just talk and get to know each other.
Hope this helps.
Anon-y-maus chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
Made my day! so cute :) all the best! So excited for the rest of the story!
sun chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
love aksel and emilie :) so emilie has moved from germany to helinski to be with aksel, correct? theyre super cute and i cant wait to read more!
SummerAngel95 chapter 2 . 1/15/2015
I really can't wait what happens with this couple! I sense some drama might happen, like the calm before the storm? Things seem perfect now but maybe not so much in the near future. I'm looking forward to your next chapter and your update to your other story. :) very pleased with the quick update!

P.S. Thank you I had an excellent birthday! :)
sootyxsnowpetal chapter 2 . 1/15/2015
I think the not-there-sex-scenes are fine. You make it a point to never talk about the actual act of sex, and focus instead on the emotional aspect of their relationship. Yes, physical acts of love can also emphasize and enhance a couple's relationship progression, but we get so much out of just their little interactions that I believe it has more than succeeded in telling us that they're really into each other, and that if anything, problems will arise from their tentative, even fragile situation that they're trying to build for each other right now and not from their feelings for each other. I don't get the feeling that their relationship is meaningless without seeing the sex. I know that readers like me have their inner wild imagination wondering intensely what happens, but sometimes it's not about satisfying your readers' curiosity completely (you want us to WANT it, y'know!), because in this case, not having the scenes in versus having them doesn't help with the plot (I'm assuming). If you are considering some aspects of sex to add in, there's always bed talk before it gets graphic. You have plenty of wonderful bed talking after sex, so adding some in before might help with the "rushed" part.

I'm surprised yet unsurprised that you actually Googled all of these details. I get it that authors do research about what they're writing, but wow, this is way beyond my expectations!

I think, since we are seeing things from Emilie's POV, that if there's any annoyances occurring, it would be on Emilie. It's a really fragile situation she's in right now, with a lot of insecurities and worries about moving to a new place, fitting in, learning, etc. This is all completely understandable, but reading such a character can get quickly tedious if there also isn't enough effort on her part. I'm projecting here, and I am not saying it will happen! It's just that a balance will be needed on Emilie's part (the burden of a protagonist, sigh) to actively face her problems and work at it, rather than feel and feel and feel but do nothing about it.

I like this. I really like reading characters who aren't dramatic about being in love, and are trying to work it out. Keep it up! :)
SnoQueen chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
Am curious and excited for this! Not too sure where this can go...but am looking forward to updates soon! (:
halfwaytobeauty chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
hi! i just discovered all of your work and i love all the ones i've read so far (fades, something better, this one, facebook official, where i learned from my mistakes). one thought - in most of them, the sex seems a bit rushed and meaningless, especially in "something better".
yea...don't quite know where i'm going with this but i just love your work(: and anton is still my favorite!
KillWithKindness chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
You know I love your writing. :) 3
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
YAY! A sequel! Aksel and Emilie are two of my fav characters. They have such depth...
SummerAngel95 chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
I am so very happy you have decided to continue this! I'm loving it already even though it's such a teaser! I can't wait for more because I was so curious as to what happened with this couple at the ending of the previous story.
And I don't think it won't shine any less from the first one because it's now a sequel. Sometimes sequels are better than the first. :) And from reading all your other works I know this will be amazing! And 18 chapters? Did I read correctly?! *fangirl squeal* This is a great birthday gift you've given me! Haha
Sorry for babbling, I can't wait for the updates! :)))
Le Meerkat chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Oh wow, I didn't even realise that this was going to be a 'sequel' sequel, I thought it was just going to be a oneshot sequel... like when a story finishes with "To Be Continued Tomorrow" instead of "and they lived happily ever after"... but.. oh no... Emilie can't be more annoying

Anyways... time to follow this story haha and thanks again for the great update
sootyxsnowpetal chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
!

!

A sequel!

I get the "sequels are a disappointment" angle, but honestly, the first was just so good such that seeing anything more about Emilie and Aksel is welcomed. I was wondering a lot about how they worked out, and now we get to see it! Knowing you and your love of cultures/languages, I was sure you'd post a super long one-shot (which is also welcomed, by the way), but 18 chapters! ! My mood right now is ! Super excitement!

I am so looking forward to the rest!
dress chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
I can't express how happy I felt when this email popped up in my inbox and told me that you just uploaded this story, because I loved loved loved loved Something Better (Aksel is my fave). I'm so eager for you to read the rest of this story because I love the characters so much. I hope you don't have anything too devastating planned for the happy couple :)
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »