Reviews for Somewhere Else
What chapter 14 . 5/4/2016
WHAT IS THE FIXATION WITH NOT WANTING TO BE ASIAN? HERE'A SOLUTION: EMBRACE THE TWO NATIONALITIES SMH it's getting so childish oh my god. And honey, if you can't buy your own condoms, you shouldn't be having sex. Is Emille a 14 year old or something?
Claire chapter 17 . 4/12/2016
Oh man so painful and so good - it's all incredibly realistic and really hits a chord within me (I'm trying to adapt into a new environment I don't really belong in). I can't wait to deep how their relationship progresses. Poor Emi, and poor Aksel :""")
So glad you updated - thank you for writing! :)
dress chapter 17 . 4/10/2016
Yes another chapter! Regarding your A/N about Aksel and his character change, I was kind of thinking that he is a bit different in this story, kind of a bit less empathetic, I guess. I feel quite sorry for Emilie, but the fault doesn't lie with either of them, it's in the situation. Anyway, great job as usual, and I hope another chapter is coming soon :)
kit chapter 17 . 4/7/2016
Not going to lie, this story wears me out. It's ridiculously depressing. But I like that though. Because it sucks, and it's real. God, immigration is so hard, I don't understand how my parents did it. I used to be embarrassed that my mum couldn't write letters to my school without so many words crossed out and rewritten, back when I was a ruthless child. I used to hate parent teacher interview day, and feel like my mum couldn't make friends with the others because her English wasn't good enough. It was only later that I really started to appreciate what she'd done for me. So thanks for this story. (But now I'm going to go back and read their oneshot, so I can feel happy for a bit hee.)

I was actually going to say myself that I've felt like the characterisation for our protagonists have felt different over the last couple of chapters though. I guessed that it was because she's depressed slash frustrated, but Askel seems different too. I was going to chalk it up to unhappiness on both sides, but your A/N does alert me to the fact that there are perhaps other reasons.

Either way, I'm so happy I caught this with a recent update. 3
alchem chapter 17 . 4/4/2016
Thank you for continuing. The idea of being caught between languages is real. When one goes as a student to another country to lesrn another language it is an adventure, learning to cope in the camaradarie of other students is joyful. You laugh at each others mistakes, its a blast. But when you go as an adult, everyone corrects your language,Every mistake is reiterated. It's exhausting. Every faux pas an international incident. If you do it for work, you go home, rejuvenate or quit. When you do it for love you get depressed. The frustration of communicating like a 2 year old is overwhelming. Not many relationships can with stand it. But if it can, there does come a day when the tears clear and the local radio starts making sense. It is magical. I hope Emily gets to that point. I feel like it is close. But I wonder if Aksel gives her enough security for her to open it up.
Sorla chapter 17 . 4/4/2016
Oh no things are getting worse and not better :( I did appreciate the update though! Hopefully
Both will be able to work through this together! Looking forward to the next update!
AngelsXDevils chapter 17 . 4/4/2016
I really enjoy how you write and portray characters. Even though Emilie can come off as quite bratty at times, I can still relate to her and understand why she's acting the way she is. Same goes with Aksel! I'm excited to see more frequent updates and how you're going to continue with this storyline. :)
Marjulie chapter 17 . 4/4/2016
I liked the story before, now I'm starting to love it. I like to see variety of emotions in characters when I read a story. The way you conveyed Emi's frustration and the growing miscommunication between Aksel and Emi was brilliant. There are certain moments in your life when all you can feel is anger. I've felt it and it's so, so draining because you shouldn't feel this way. You don't want to feel this but you don't know what else to do. It's a dose of reality.
Efra chapter 17 . 4/4/2016
You know I can totally relate to her. I've had some issues like this too... It's hard and it's really special if someone can tolerate the craziness and hopelessness... Esp when there isn't an easy fix.

Thank you for writing this.
Sparklingjewel12 chapter 17 . 4/4/2016
Im starting to feel worse for Aksel than Emilie now. But still love the story though!
Marjulie chapter 16 . 3/1/2016
I can't help but notice that Emilie is stuck. She's stuck because she is by all means alone. Yeah you could say she has Aksel but I don't she has truly grasped that he's there for her. I understand her completely when she feels like she can't share everything with him when he's done so much for her. But when you only have one and only one pillar in your life, it gets you. Being in a foreign country with even more foreign language, will exasperate the situation. I truly hope that Emilie finds a person other than Aksel she can share heart-to-heart moments with because no matter how much she wishes, she'll grow more withdrawn if this continues. Heck, it doesn't have to be a person, it can be some hobby she's passionate about. It doesn't matter as long as she can freely express herself.
KoreanPear chapter 16 . 1/4/2016
I really love this story! I somewhat relate to you liking Finnish stuff so much because I really like Spanish culture. Please update soon!
winter chapter 16 . 1/2/2016
I'm so glad to see you updated this story (and got to go to Helsinki)! :) Emi is angsty as usual and I do want to sigh loudly at her sometimes but I can actually understand what she's feeling to some extent and I do hope things get better for her soon. Aksel and Emi's scenes together were really cute and sweet - they completely made up for all the angst and I'm excited to see where the story goes next. I hope Emi gets some friends! I missed the supporting characters from Something Better.
Update soon! :)
Fawn chapter 16 . 12/28/2015
Great chapter! Reading this story has really opened my eyes to how difficult it would be to move to another nation, not know the language, and feel like you've taken twenty million steps back. You could be brilliant but if you don't know the language you are so limited in what you can do. Anyways I loved the chapter and can't wait for the next one!
Anon-y-maus chapter 16 . 12/27/2015
I haven't reviewed in a very long time but I read some of the last chapters again and they're brilliant of course. Wish you'd update soon! :P
Hope you're doing well and wish you a happy, happy new year!
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »