Reviews for Somewhere Else
Sparklingjewel12 chapter 16 . 12/17/2015
Poor Emilie. I think it's time for her to either buck up or give up
notjustink chapter 16 . 12/17/2015
I'm so glad you updated this story, it is very realistic and lovely. Sometimes I'm torn between wanting to shake Emilie into recognizing how amazing Aksel is and how she can absolutely prevail at learning Finnish. And then the other half of me completely identifies with how difficult it is to learn a language and sometimes you write things that are way too real.

I'm sure you've written this somewhere but reading your author's note, I was curious - where are you from? Also I totally get you. I'm currently studying abroad in France and I tried to meet up with a friend in Lyon a few weeks ago and it was hilarious to compare my memory of him to how he is now. Happy holidays :)
dress chapter 16 . 12/17/2015
Yay so glad things are (or appear to be?) looking up for Emi and Aksel! I haven't read this story for a while (end of high school exams quite effectively use up all your free time I'm afraid) and I only just remembered it when I got an email. Great chapter as always! :)
AF chapter 15 . 10/29/2015
Please please please update! I feel like Emilie is finally going to start making progress and put poor Aksel out of his misery.
SkipperCal3 chapter 15 . 10/23/2015
Haha im kind of wondering where the heck you're going with this story and then i said to myself "This writer is the MASTER of drama/angst, so this has to be good." Lol i believe in you and love this sequel. don't wait too long to update... PLEASE
Fatoosh chapter 15 . 10/20/2015
I'm not too tired of emo Emi. But I want so badly for her to make some progress. Someone in reviews said that they had a bad feeling about the ending. And I don't know what you have planned but if it's a break up then that's a cop-out. A sad ending here is way easier than a happy ending, even more predictable. That's why I want that happy ending.

I hope your thesis went ok. I can't wait for more updates :D

I love Aksel so much. Great characterization. Love the detail of him boxing her legs under the table. I know Emi hates the cold, but I find the descriptions make cold sound so cool. I hope she'll bundle up and embrace it eventually.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/25/2015
still waiting for the next chapter :/ will you be updating soon? also the links to your and twitter accounts etc on your profile are broken! just a heads up :)
Sparklingjewel12 chapter 15 . 9/22/2015
Omg this is so good. Update?
Julie chapter 15 . 8/6/2015
LOL "emo Emi".

Nice to see the story progressing! I kind of wish their relationship would progress too, you know. I feel like they seriously need to lay some things out there. So...looking forward to see how they do that.

Good luck with your thesis! :)
Guest chapter 15 . 8/5/2015
glad to see an update! :) interested in seeing how the language courses go.
Foreternity chapter 15 . 8/4/2015
Still loving this! Aksel can be very sweet
Pseudonym59 chapter 15 . 8/4/2015
Oh gosh, with every chapter I feel like it's going to be a "love isn't always enough situation". D:
Marjulie chapter 15 . 8/3/2015
You've got Emily down to a science! Some people may be annoyed by her actions but I think it's very normal for her. The little stuff like how she slowly backed up when she was caught off guard was really in character of her. I know because I'm sort of like her.

One thing I'm disappointed with was the lack of communication between Aksel and Emi. I don't mean just their language problems or that they're naturally more on the quieter side, I'm talking about how they can't convey their true feelings to each other. I really believe that they're in love but again their communication is really hitting them.

Lastly, best of luck with your essay! I hope I'll see an update soon!
NotHereNotThere chapter 15 . 8/3/2015
Omg I didn't finish my review oh dear
But yes university has changed my mindset and I look at things differently when I go back home.
And I must thank you for portraying Singaporeans so sensitively! I agree that most people think I'm from China and it can get very annoying, and no one seems to know anything about my dear hometown other than the fact that it's clean and you can get fined for littering -.-
I think it's fate that I found your story - was going through a difficult patch when I felt like I was questioning who I am and now I think I'm happy to be just me. Thanks for the story and I'll keep following (:
Guest chapter 15 . 8/3/2015
First can I say how much I love your story? The style, the drama, the characters all speak to me and I love how I'm drawn to the story because it's just so compelling. Kudos to you for excellent writing ((:
But I feel like I really relate to Emilie. I'm probably less insecure about my identity, but as a Singaporean studying in Germany, it's easy to lose touch of what's happening back home. And university has definitely ch
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »