Reviews for From Here to the Moon and Back
Lady SeeGard chapter 5 . 7/13/2015
Aww, this makes me go so nostalgic about university :D Good job!
Lady SeeGard chapter 3 . 7/13/2015
This is overall so fun! Loved the dance and the references to high school prom and star quarterback and BFF (BBF), LOL. And I love Ryan Gosling, too. Can't wait to see the troubles coming ;)
Lady SeeGard chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
So I am really doing this I warn you :) ! Prologue has me hooked already, can't wait to see how you handle a college student like Sarah, so different from Cassie and Rachael!
Alice chapter 38 . 3/25/2015
Sweet story. I liked it.
Dill Wilson chapter 38 . 3/12/2015
Maybe having a few more chapters after you switch from Sean's POV back to Sarah's - about her feelings and what she was going through during her exile in Kansas after she left would have added some depth to the story - for me the story jumps to quickly to happy land once Sarah returns for graduation. But (most of) the characters are interesting and complete - some of the scenes in the mansion felt a bit soap opera-ish and the story as a whole almost felt anti-climatic in a way - perhaps it was drawn out a few chapters too long or maybe I (as a reader) kind of lost interest once it became obvious that Sean and Sarah were going to be together. As I mentioned early on - I was prejudiced - I guess I needed something more to convince me that Sean had really changed in his character and behaviors or to give me a reason to have more sympathy for him and to like him. I think I identified more with Sarah so I missed her when the POV changed and when it went back to her I pretty much knew how it was going to end. For a first posting story here, this is an impressive debut. You have a real ear for dialogue, there is some cute humor, and Sarah is extremely likable. Well done, great job, and I look forward to continuing with High Risk.
Dill Wilson chapter 14 . 3/12/2015
I have a hard time believing that any guy would tell another guy to go to his (ex) girl in need like Sean did to Jeremy but perhaps I'm way to cynical (and I'm still having a hard time finding anything redeeming about Sean - but that' my problem as the reader).
Dill Wilson chapter 11 . 3/12/2015
Oh no - I loathe switching POV stories - oh well too late now! This is my problem as a reader - not yours as a writer. I just have a hard time forming an allegiance to one particular character when the inner voice switches back and forth. But I will soldier on! :)
Dill Wilson chapter 9 . 3/12/2015
If the reader hasn't read 50 Shades of Gray (I haven't for example) or has no clue what the book is about (other than a 'chick book' as Sean says) shouldn't there be a line of dialogue (or Sarah's narrative voice) describing the book's basic theme so the uniformed/clueless reader has an idea (bondage, spanking, whatever)? Just wondering.
Dill Wilson chapter 7 . 3/11/2015
rain is always romantic!
Dill Wilson chapter 6 . 3/11/2015
Again, poor Jeremy - and girls can be so clueless when it comes to guy friends sometimes! Dead parents scene feels just a little bit contrived (just a little bit too much information in the dialogue - feels like you're more explaining it to the reader than Sarah telling Sean) but I understand its necessary for the story line.
Dill Wilson chapter 4 . 3/11/2015
Great flashback memory with the mom and grandmother about the rain.
Dill Wilson chapter 3 . 3/11/2015
I'm pretty sure I'll be blaming Tony for all of this!
Dill Wilson chapter 2 . 3/11/2015
Poor Jeremy! Great Dialogue. Interesting characters. Not sure if I like Sean (I tend to go for the underdog anyway) but lets see where this goes. :)
JosieR chapter 38 . 3/8/2015
Such a sweet romance! Thank you for sharing it!
Murriel chapter 38 . 3/7/2015