Reviews for Mauve The Potato Girl
Jane chapter 23 . 1/28
Shit. Scene so good I want to lecture the characters.

Calder, if the lady doesn't consent to your affections, you don't wear another face while she's drunk and try again. I realize, being a mindreader and a shapeshifter, you are trying to acquiesce to her unspoken desires, but if you aren't upfront about it, it slides into No Consent territory. If the Wilfkins are right, you have a lot of lessons to learn, because fooling her into thinking you are another man is going to open up a whole new world of pain when her thoughts are STILL only of him, and she hates you. On the other hand, you are the ultimate underdog in this love septangle, dealing with the largest handicap of being a different species and meeting her while blackmailing, threatening murder and cannibalism, and trading her life for a bridge toll. While two of those happened to a great aunt of mine with her husband, I wouldn't call it a great romantic formula. Maybe you should have buried a bone and checked in the morning before going through with this plan that you clearly didn't think through. What are you going to do during the rest of the trip? Only come to her at night or in private, keeping up the pretense until she says something to the real Tristan and the game is up? Dude, bad plan.

Maude, you sweet, stupid, lovesick idiot. I want to throttle you, drop you into a wheelbarrow, and dump you back at the party, where magically Tristan will be, because he never left. Have that talk, rip off that bandaid, and sober you up. Got a guy who can have any face he wants, who just confessed his love, and you really think Tristan is kissing you right now? How would Tristan know where you were in the middle of the woods? If Thomas, Brandis or the real Tristan don't find you snogging fake Tristan in the next chapter, interrupt this stupidity, none of you will be allowed to drink alcohol ever again. EVER! Feel the rage of a lifelong designated driver!
koyama chapter 21 . 9/25/2017
*lol* that was not nice.
but really, even so i don't want to believe it, but isn't it possible, that thomas was the one that 'helped' in injuring the captain? and, as far as i can remember, the captain got better in the beginning of the journey. so, he had medicine that helped. is mauve this green behind her ears that see cannot see this or does she not want to see it?

cu koyama
Ksenia Rowanhilltree chapter 20 . 1/2/2017
O_O That was quite a chapter! I can not wait for 21~
Aine and Beeta..Hmm I sense a great deal of many plot twists in the near future, which makes me question if Mauve is a stolen child, er changling. Think about chapter one...
Hrm.
I think I shall investigate~
More please!
Majube chapter 16 . 11/18/2016
Amazing story, I really enjoy the Mauve and Calder interaction and wonder what tinker was supposed to mean? Is that just a dwarf slang word for human? I really like the world building with all the fantastical creatures and look forward to Ogres! You're story is really amazing I hope you keep updating again
ghost reflection chapter 17 . 11/20/2016
So happy that you have updated this story! You have done a wonderful job making the characters real and relatable. I felt so bad for Mauve in this last chapter. I am also eager to find out what is going with Calder, and what this "medicine" is. If you ever want help editing or more suggestion and input feel free to message me.
Ksenia Rowanhilltree chapter 15 . 7/16/2016
My my. Quite an interesting chapter. Loved every moment of it!
More please.
ladymay chapter 15 . 7/10/2016
Great story! Can't wait for the next chapter (:
InsertFunnyUsernameHere chapter 13 . 7/5/2016
Can't wait for the next chapter! I love how Mauve went from being entirely against mind reading to literally looking to Calder to find out what's I with Christopher. And that awkward apology Thomas gave was really great! It's scenes like that that remind me why I ship Mauve and Thomas
ghost reflection chapter 13 . 7/5/2016
Very happy to have stumbled across this story. Read all 13 chapters in one night, and cannot wait to read the next. The writing style is very pleasant to read, and I am so intrigued about what will happen next. Keep up the good work!
Eterna Croft chapter 12 . 6/23/2016
O_O

That was a BEAUTIFULLY written out chapter!
Eterna Croft chapter 11 . 6/22/2016
O.O so didn't see that coming. Keep up the great work. Please update soon!
Eterna Croft chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I read the summary and then this chapter, but after reading halfway through it, I have to be honest my curiosity and interest was piqued.
I'm not sure what to make of mauve but I definitely think that you made her stand out to your audience with her plain appearance; it certainly made me give this story a different matter of opinion. I'm anxious to read chapter two.
Keep up the great work.
I'm shipping Sir Tristain and Mauve together by the way!
Sincerely,
Eterna Croft.
Wendy Thompson135th chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
So why is she named after a 'pale shade of purplish-grey'?
Neophrite chapter 5 . 8/30/2015
Hello! Randomly found your story on the "recently updated page," and I am so glad I did. Very engaging, right from the start! You have a great balance between imagery/description, and plot-line/conversation. I love Thomas, but can't help wondering more about Tristan. Of course Dean intrigues me as well, and I can't wait to find out how Mauve became an orphan, when her childhood memories with her family seem so vivid! I hope it wasn't anything too awful. You have written so much so far, and yet I still have so many questions. Looking forward to what happens next! Happy writing :)
mandymoocha chapter 4 . 8/4/2015
Looking forward to the next chapter ... great story-telling and a good read