Reviews for Deadworld
Sukotto Kaaru chapter 2 . 6/3/2015
Story is off to a good start in really liking the plot and the world. Really is giving me a Shounen feel. Only con is the info dumps. Other than that keep up the work can't wait for the next chapter.
cud-b-better chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
Woah escalated quickly Reapers in stories will always be welcomed by me with open arms so that's a big plus for you. Not too keen on the character actually being named Reaper though, were his parents chuunibyous or something? One thing unsure of is do they do that for every single person that dies? Considering a person dies on the planet every minute. Anyway wonder what deadworld is like then.
360pages chapter 2 . 2/21/2015
That info dump, but guess it's necessary for a story as abstract as this. Actually outside of setting the foundation for later chapters not a lot happened, which is fine considering that this is the first chapter, and you only have one chapter to draw in readers.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 2 . 1/31/2015
Wow, this is a really cool story. I can't wait to read more. Ha ha! I really like the idea and setting, and you've really laid out a pretty awesome atmosphere and place for the story and characters. I wonder what the other paladins are like, what kind of training Reaper will receive, and what enemies he will face. I can't wait! That said, take your time. A story is better written when relaxed and not rushed.

Looking forward to the next chapter! (Oh, and I still stand by my opinion that Reaper's name is ridiculous)
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 1 . 1/31/2015
Dude, what kind of name is Reaper Scythe? Is that even a real name? And why would a guy like that be walking around in Tokyo? He's not even Japanese.

Other than that, this story seems interesting, and I'm pretty curious to see what Reaper's fate is (I really think you should change his name, or at least change the setting from Japan to somewhere else).
kman134 chapter 1 . 1/31/2015
Well, this chapter was very...morbid, but still a great chapter.

I like the concept of the protagonist being dead; it's like something that came out of Yu Yu Hakusho. the first setting of the "Court of Death" and the mentioning of Heaven, Inferno, and Deadworld gave me, and the audience, an insight of the afterlife and what sort of judicial system their is to determine which world you go.

can't wait to read the next chapter; keep up the good work!
Braincake chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
I'm not really good at drawing or anything, but would you mind if I made a fancomic based off of this?
Keve Marsh chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Well for a first chapter this one was well described...
For an after life story...this is somehow funny.
and for a grim reaper and a death court...well it was kinda hilarious...
I shall bless thee with my fav and follow then...
may the Gods of FĂ©ena guide your pen... :p
360pages chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
This is an interesting start, I do have to say that. I do wonder what kind of world is Deadworld though. You really need to make sure you make the world vibrant or unique. The start is at least strong enough to keep interest,
S-Phantom chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
This was interesting. I have a bit of a stand back on how his name is Reaper Scythe and this being a story about death but it's your story in all. Names aside, it does do a good job at pulling in the reader without giving any detail to what is going on leaving both Reaper and the audience with a since of wonder and confusion. I didn't gather much from the prologue other than that Reaper is dead and there is a megadeath, (does this mean there is a regular death since mega being better or more than?) It will be interesting to see how you explain what is going on to the audience and to Reaper.
Drake Kanto chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
I like it. Even for a prologue, it's gotten my interest. There's something about stories where the main character's death is a great start; I might just be that twisted, maybe. A good beginning, very relateable and I can't help but think of YuYu Hakusho while I was reading this; one of my favorite anime/manga by the way.

The characters were fun too. 'Big Death' seems like he'll be fun to mess around with, especially if Alexander's involved with his Phoenix Wright-ish ways. Reaper's cluelessness is something I look forward to in future chapters, especially since he didn't even know he was dead at first.