Reviews for Disclosure (Tante's Mythology)
Master Chief chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
This would be a great story even without the Greek Pantheon to play in. Great work here. You have a gift for painting a picture with words that I am very jealous of. I loved the very Meta conversation between Athena and Thor as well. And when they finally get into the heart of the conversation, it seemed to build organically.

How many more in this series are you planning on writing? I can't wait to see more!

Good luck!
M.C.
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
The Chris Hemsworth thing really put a smile on my face. Your writing has gotten so much since I started reading these! The first thing I noticed was how smooth and flawless this was. I also like all your little witty comments that you have added. Great work and best of luck!
JustJazzyD chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Oh, meddlesome Athena, she was getting on my nerves... until the end, and then I got it. To me, her asking all those questions was showcasing her vulnerability and experience at this whole date thing. What an awkward date! Thor is one of my favorite superheroes and it was fun to see you give him a softer side. I'm glad he was able to find happiness after suffering through the failure of his divorce. This story forces you to think. I often struggle with disclosing my true feelings to people when I should. It's uncomfortable and soul baring, but in the end it can be rewarding. That's what I'm taking away from this. Very mature story, Liz. Good luck!
MileyRowling chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
So glad that you are doing your mythology still!
Emerald Viper chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
This is delightful banter, but I really feel like it's a chapter of a longer story rather than a story in itself. I have that problem when attempting to write "short" too.

Are you familiar with the book "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman?

I especially like the inclusion of the story about Sif's hair (Louis Vuitton sandals indeed!) I really like all the little details but they may throw some readers through a loop - for example, not everyone knows what a muffaletta is (I sure didn't - that is, before I moved to the border of Louisiana!)
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
Nice, sweet, fairly fluffy, but well written. There wasn't anything that stopped me in my reading, but if I had to search for something to gripe about, it was that the resolution felt rushed. I guess that's pretty much a given when a major turning point in a character gets compressed to 3k words or so, but Thor's change in opinion felt forced. Maybe it's that I didn't have any context for how long ago the Sif thing was, but the story made it feel very recent, and going from divorce to a healthy relationship (not a snap-judgement hookup) that fast gives me narrative whiplash.

All the other elements of the piece (the muffaletta, the juxtaposition of modern tech with mythological giants, the banter) I earnestly liked, but at the end I was left with the nagging sensation that Thor had just swept his own opinions and preferences aside in order to dissolve himself into a rebound relationship, and that Athena was lonely and socially awkward enough not to recognize her decision for a mistake.
SuitedManatee chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
What would you even call that? Thorena? Athorna?
Anyway, what is there to be said? It's as on form as ever. Actually this may be one of my favourite mytho-fanfics to date. (Yes, that's what I'm calling them now.)
It's witty, it's insightful, Thor's hair is the wrong colour, my review starts to devolve into a stream of uncontrolled consciousness and balance is restored to the world.
augie.toaste chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
Where can I get this food of the gods? I hunger. I need it.

The interaction between Thor and Athena and the pop culture references are priceless.

So many laugh aloud moments!

The story is basically driven by spoken words - thanks to the aspi-ness you ascribed to Athena (which, btw, I do like). However, I wonder if adding Athena's POV and internal character development into this story (like the moment you have where Thor thinks about Sif) would have made it feel more rounded.

Augs