Reviews for Why I Write
Myst Marshall chapter 1 . 6/19/2017
Wow this is awesome! You captured and conveyed the emotions very well. I can relate to this very much; it has such a powerful meaning to it. Don't stop writing no matter what others say and there always is someone reading. :)

-MM
Shailaputri chapter 1 . 3/12/2017
/My work is to make people feel like there's someone who loves them!/ really great
LucyRowanVictoria chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
Bravo!
So many treasures
This world has to cherish
Yet you must have
An insanely hard head
To say that their makers
Made not a difference!

From Agatha Christie
To Edgar A Poe
To a lesser known poet
Us writers have given you the world
The knowledge you have now
We are the chroniclers
We recorded history!
We are the fablers
We taught grace and manners
To the toddlers and babes!
We are the myth makers
And the spiritual writers!
And still! You say we are worthless!

Without us-
My dear, dear hypocrite!
You could not have
Those movies and shows
That you so dearly love!
And your memories would fail you
As books never have!

You say that we
Are full of ourselves
Yet WE work for
The benefit of all
Not for money
Nor power!

We see the world for that which it is
With many dark pits that need to be filled!
And with each word we fashion
Those caverns they fill
Till all of us writers-
Well-known and not so much-
Are the only ones here
That remember such holes!

For THAT is our goal-
To patch up the Earth
To forge it anew!
And if still are efforts
To you are a waste,
We'll throw up our arms
And pay you no more heed
For surely your heart
Is colder than ice!
And so we can't help!

Pardon me! Got caught up in the moment. If you want to remove this that's fine!
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
Hello. It's me, the one who wrote the long review to your poem. I just wanted to deeply apologize for my speech/rant. It wasn't directed at you, my friends on , or anyone on this site and or any writing websites or writers. There's just people in my life away from the computer who keep telling me what I should do and I guess it reached boiling point. I didn't know where else to vent, and I know I should be talking to my friends and family about this issue, but when I read your poem I guess I vented and it came out of nowhere. Again, I am sorry about this. I still have anger issues I need to work on. Thankfully, last night and this morning I finally calmed down and I've thought long and hard how to make an apology to you. I'm sorry if it came out the way it did. But on the positive side, I really think you did a neat, well-written poem. I hope you continue to write, no matter what anyone says. It's your life and you live it the way you want to. The rest will fall into place.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
This is exactly the poem I need right now! Thank you for writing this because I am exactly at this point in my life where everyone's telling me who I should be and what I should do. They doubt me and tell me that I should find a "real" job, too. Most people are in it for the money when they do that and that's all they seem to care about. But like you and me, I write to be loved. I know I haven't written original works in a while because I've been in fanfiction, but with fanfiction I feel more in control while originality itself is all over the place for me. I will get back into original works one of these days, but I don't like to be pressured. I can't help saying all of this finally to get it out of my system, even if it's in a review and very poetic, but this poem struck a cord that finally burst the bubble.

Yeah, like many writers, I don't understand why people think jobs that they're familiar with, that doesn't involve writing, is considered a "real job". I mean, do they even know what they doing? Why they're doubting writers so much? It's annoying and insulting to tell writers that they don't have a real job, and it's very difficult for us to get a good story out there that people will appreciate. We spend many hours practicing and getting our craft right and we love doing this - can I say it? - work. Writing is important to us and to the average joe who doesn't understand, why are they telling us that writing isn't a real job when they haven't experienced it as long as we have? We're starving artists that don't get enough fair treatment.

As for what is real and what is not, look around you, all of you, and you'll see that anything you see and you touch is real, as well as the other senses. The more you think and talk about reality, the more you make it a fantasy. There are many ways to turn something into a fantasy, and fantasizing about reality makes it fantasy, too. Sorry, that's off topic, but this is another thing I needed to get off my chest. Actually, I think it relates to the situation. We focus so much on reality that we miss what's right in front of us. That's why I do my best not to think on what is real and what is not. It makes life easier to bear, even when the rest of the world has become so real-centric and other centrics.

Listen everyone, you may go against my views, but these are just that, my views. This just got to me and this poem helped break the ice. I may not know what's going to happen in the next five years of my life, but I do know one thing: writing is a passion worth doing and those that don't understand it miss something they haven't done yet or keep avoiding it without truly understanding the joys of writing for long periods of time.

Okay, my long speech is done. Thank you again for writing this poem, which I really appreciate. This review was actually to anyone, but to the writer who wrote this poem I truly thank for this. I have nothing but praise for you. The speech was to those who are reading this who can relate or need this speech to prove what they're doing wrong. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day/night.
BookLoverDutch chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
This is just exactly how I think about writing. Very well done :)
Viktrona chapter 1 . 3/1/2015