Reviews for A Hero's War
starredtrek chapter 124 . 9/23/2019
So the Aztecs were on to something, hmmmmm
Olddantrucker chapter 9 . 7/27/2019
I meant Tulore.
Olddantrucker chapter 8 . 7/27/2019
For some strange reason I imagine Tumore to be the cranky lady from New Adventures of the Time Machine where she's upset when the washing machine broke down in the town and you have a side quest to help fix it to get some kind of seal from her that grants you passage. /oK5IKuvAheM?t3225

Here is actually the intro of it all. watch?vIu-3o8h0Rj0&listPLudd_RuF2Kwzq6iWH_9bChI5oi2E6QR63&index1
Olddantrucker chapter 3 . 7/27/2019
LOL Underground monsters. I wonder if in our world seismographic equipment would detect these creatures?
Olddantrucker chapter 3 . 7/27/2019
There's another book that plays almost like yours except it's set in Virginia and like yours it isn't a technological uplifting and the guy has to learn the language by sneaking into a school and gets caught when he borrows the teacher's book as he used his laptop and notepad to write things down and could form basic sentences. I can't remember the name of that book but it's on Amazon. It has a weird title but it's a series.
Olddantrucker chapter 2 . 7/27/2019
Suddenly he goes from being confused and lost to blending in the culture? From zero to 100 in less then 4.7 seconds 4 liter engine? What is he in a BMW?

This fic was in a technological uplifting section and so far I see no mention of that. No tools with him to help or show the villager or anything useful he could give even though they at least understand each other and these cat people are used in other books by the way.
Olddantrucker chapter 1 . 7/27/2019
"No lights,No phone,No Motorcar not a single luxury. Like Robinson Curuso as primitive as can be!"
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2019
Well done
starredtrek chapter 123 . 7/22/2019
Cliffhangers Goddamnit

Good update
Guest chapter 122 . 7/19/2019
I love how magi-tech was developed. I can only hope to achieve that in my own novel. I am going to have rewrite it quite a bit.
starredtrek chapter 122 . 6/3/2019
Little unclear how he used motion to form the spells remotely, but otherwise pretty amazing chapter
starredtrek chapter 121 . 4/12/2019
Well that was exciting, and CATO HELPED YAY! OTP 4 lyfe!
Frank Wilson chapter 2 . 4/9/2019
I've recognized that it may take me a while to read this story in its entirety but so far, I admire the creativity, especially with the names for the different creatures. In my eyes, I find that it's quite difficult, mainly because I find difficulty with that.

It'll be a slow process, but I'm eager to sit down and continue reading this story. Thanks for sharing.
Please Not The Face chapter 7 . 3/23/2019
The dude's been in the world a few now and this is all he's got? He's been sitting on his ass whining about not having his wifi. This would have been a good time to introduce social norms, daily routines, a general headcount, or even common etiquette, especially after the "grooming" incident. At least two days have passed before he went investigating the holes. Why is it that the only things on this page are things that we've already seen?
Please Not The Face chapter 3 . 3/23/2019
I apologize in advance if someone's already said something similar. Much of the previous reviews look like spam.

At the point I'm writing this review, I'm currently on chapter 8. It's feel that it's rather insulting that Cato's the only one to have realized the Tremor's behavioral pattern. The demihumans in the later chapters seem not at all dumb or incompetent, so it makes me wonder why it took a stranger, who's only seen the monster once, to point that it follows ground vibrations. Given that Danine, who seems to be a child, almost immediately deduces a method to luring it outside the town, it seems silly that a bunch of grown adults couldn't figure out the "secret" behind its hunting habits. It's also a mystery to how this town seems to only have one blacksmith (who even slacks off) and one medicine woman, but a population large enough to be sustained from frequent monster attacks. It's also kinda insulting to say these people don't' know enough fundamental engineering to create a basic pulley. These people evidently aren't savage. They don't' need a modern human to teach them common sense.
442 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »