Reviews for A Hero's War
starredtrek chapter 119 . 1/28/2019
As for what the lander scene is missing:

“Where the Ka-BOOM? There supposed to be an Earth-shattering Ka-Boom!”

I like the retrospective book on innovation, but I’m kind of curious what’s happening with the expedition more. Normally that stuff is good, it’s just that I thought this would be a battle scene or revelation.
ZhaWarudo chapter 118 . 1/15/2019
Almost as good as Release That Witch(not that RTW is a masterpiece but it's well known and decent).
The faults are you go into details engineering/science stuff too much and your character development is shallow, interactions can be artificial and cringy.
Especially when people are not behaving as those in medieaval age should.
It seems like you wanted to go into isekai tropes but only went ~10% in, which is good coz those are crap, but still it would've been better if you didn't try that at all.
Guest chapter 118 . 12/31/2018
Great Story, thanks for providing me entertainment during Christmas holidays. Would you consider posting this story on too? I greatly prefer their interface and the separation between comments and reviews improves author feedback.
Also having a second site secures the legacy of this story. Far too much has been already lost to server shutdown.
lambda chapter 40 . 12/29/2018
I do like these side stories. They make this world much more intelectually interesting.
Cool person chapter 1 . 12/26/2018
Cool story it’s so long
Hidden50 chapter 118 . 12/26/2018
Thanks for updating, hope you had a great Christmas

found a few typos:

"could not by used to repair each other"
by - be

"Erin scribbled a note to herself order tents and construction supplies"
note to herself order tents - note to herself to order tents
starredtrek chapter 118 . 12/26/2018
Well, this has both good and bad undertones.

Natonalism is always a time bomb but having an army capable of total war would be pretty useful if anyone tries to start screwing around. No one wants to go to war with the weapons merchants, amirite?
starredtrek chapter 117 . 11/25/2018
Well that could’ve gone much worse
Guest chapter 26 . 11/5/2018
In Ch.26, the danger they were in. How was the supply run safe on the way TO the fort? If it was a lone driver, how would he manage days without sleep, maintaining the fire at night and going fofrward during the day? The animals pulling the cart even more so, they'd want to sleep the night away.
starredtrek chapter 116 . 10/19/2018
Well he was already a businessman and politician, if he wanted to go full Caesar becoming General Cato was inevitable
Fenrir chapter 41 . 10/2/2018
And again...great buildup and than...why would u change the perspective?for what reason?
Fenrir chapter 40 . 10/2/2018
Man...the author needs to stop with all these little stories intertwined. it breaks the atmosphere and after awhile u just stop being curious bout any of it and just look for the name of the MC. first 20 chaps were great to read, but with all this lil side stories, its getting hard to immerse myself...
starredtrek chapter 72 . 9/26/2018
I do love the idea of Cato being followed around day and night by a horde of spies and bodyguards all of whom want to protect the Golden Goose and him just not noticing because he's too busy ripping open a hole in the space/time continuum with a stainless-steel pickaxe
starredtrek chapter 115 . 9/24/2018
Yes! It finally happened! Almost sorta! Really happy for Landar here and poor nerdy virgin Cato, bless his heart

He’s in for a rough couple of weeks.

Really appreciate the Iris reconciliation and acceptance thing
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 114 . 9/24/2018
Landar is absolutely not telling Cato everything. I hope the poor guy survives.

That said, I do find it odd that they're dating, engaged, and haven't explored each other physically yet. They're getting /married/ yet they just act like really good friends.

I dunno. The lack of physical affection has just come off as very strange for two people who are supposedly going to commit themselves to each other like that.
442 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »