Reviews for A Tale of Headphones and Sharks
Somethinganonymous1890 chapter 16 . 1/26/2016
MMMMOOOOOOOOOORRRRE PLEEEEAAAAASSSSE!
MeLovesZoeyy chapter 16 . 7/15/2015
OMG!I read these whole 16 chapters in one go today!And I loved this story so far!I really cant wait for the story to continue!
Continue soon,will be waiting ;)
curligurl0896 chapter 16 . 6/26/2015
Yay! Another chapter!
I find your arguments... interesting I guess. I'm really not sure what to say.
Anyway, I hope Sean's okay. And that things get better for him (sorry I don't have a whole lot to say right now).
curligurl0896 chapter 15 . 6/13/2015
Wow, there are a lot of coincidences today...
A fanfic that I read today talked about role play, and today's D and D day (yes, I do play, I'm a total nerd, so sue me). And now, this fic mentioned ziti, and I read that bit the very same day I learned that it exists...
Although because the friend who brought it is Jewish, and I hadn't heard of it before now, and because I like making jokes about said friend's Jew-ness, I have now dubbed it Jewish lasagna. Yes, it's racist. So sue me, I like messing with this guy by making Jew jokes. Just as people have messed with me by making blonde jokes...
Anyway, loved it! I really hope Sean is okay. It must be hard, having his parents arguing like that, and he gets hit when he tries to intervene. Though it's obvious he has the trait for that... Arguing with Liz about comics... Liz and Sean aren't going to end up together, are they?
Well, I don't know what else to say. I could totally understand coming up with a scene, and wanting to write it, but waiting until you get to that part to write it. I have quite a few fics where I have a scene that I've already come up with, but I wait until getting to that part to write it. And about the dress thing... Well, I think I mentioned this before in another review, but I also have a dress that I wore only once so far, and really want to wear again. It's the dress I wore for my senior prom, and it's so freaking gorgeous, but not once have I found the excuse to wear it again.
Anyway, hope you guys update super soon!
Guest chapter 14 . 5/29/2015
Omg! You guys are using my username for a project... I'm so honored!
Except that it's copyrighted. So you're going to have to owe me.
Just kidding no it isn't. I don't own any copyrighted thing yet, though that's gonna change once I get published. Now, if only my brain can focus on original fiction that I can get published, instead of constantly giving me ideas for FMA fan fiction... Ugh, I can't help it. Once I get into something, I get obsessed, and it's going to be a while before I can erase it from my mind. Same goes with music, of course. Usually I listen to it a billion times to get it unstuck in my head. As a matter of fact, I have a song that's stuck in my head, and yes I'm currently listening to it.
Anyway, on to the actual review part (I've been rambling):
I was wondering what was up with Mako, and what he was so embarrassed about. Giving a birthday/Valentines day gift to your love interest must be nerve wracking. Especially considering the fact that said crush might not like it. But it IS the thought that counts, right?
Also, I was just wondering if we were going to get more of a chance to explore Mako's supernatural ability. I mean, I suppose I should be patient, but I really would like to see more of it.
Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. Until next chapter (which is soon, hopefully)
P.S. How many chapters do you plan on doing?
Marina x Machina chapter 14 . 5/29/2015
Greeeeat...more fluff. *cringes*
Eh, I guess you guys just like fluff, *shrugs* I don't as much, but everyone has preferences. Hm, I do kind of like how Sean does admit he's not super smart but he isn't stupid. His character type, the "overly enthusiastic bro" usually only amounts to commenting on the main character's love life and sometimes comic relief. But yeah.
Awww, that's so nice of you. Errr, the part about Arnold Schwarznegger sounds farmiliar ish, is it from nigahiga's How to Act Like Your Favorite Actors video? IDK. Thanks so much *blushes* my username is pretty stupid but thank you anyway.
Marina x Machina chapter 13 . 5/24/2015
MAKO. YOU ARE JAPANESE (AND I'M BEING RACIST BUT I AM ALSO ASIAN). YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MANGA.
Here! *throws enormous stack of books that cover room*
C.M.B. - mystery manga, but it is so beautiful and it sounds like your type.
Liar Game- a masterpiece, a psychological thriller that also sounds like what you would read! Read it!
Nowhere Boy- Korean, but it's very intriguing and gets better as it continues!
Hajimari no Niina- obscure and aimed at girls, but sweet and complex
Tonari no Seki-kun- because it's so adorable and original.
I am disappointed in you! Very disappointed! *pointed glare*
Okay...you're into Franz Kafka? Well, sure. The Metamorphosis is...good, in a way, you should read it first before reccommending (lesson I learned) but I wouldn't give it to somebody who's new to classics. It does sound like Mako's type, gory and dark and somewhat radical.
-Raven
P.S. Yes, I do want you to read the mangas I reccommended.
shinju asuka chapter 13 . 5/23/2015
The last line... Really curious to know how Char would reply that!
Cary chapter 12 . 5/10/2015
I like this story! I feel like you could have put something in the summary about Mako and his childhood because that was really unexpected and (dare I say it?) almost a disappointment.
Please update soon, though, I really can't wait for the next chapter! I think this story is a good one to binge - read because each chapter is somewhat short and it makes it good for reading all at once.
All right, goodbye! :)
~Cary
Marina x Machina chapter 12 . 5/11/2015
*sweats and blushes deep magenta*
My mom once called me in and yelled at me because I got a B in one of my worst subjects. I panicked and showed it to my friend who got like a 60 and he was just like "F*** your Chinese blood". But yeah, for some reason B's really scare my family...
That last part sounded awkward, but then again the sixty-nine pretty much makes it pale.
Marina x Machina chapter 11 . 5/11/2015
I kinds wanted to slap Mako for some reason...IDK.
For some reason I REALLY REALLY want to see a chapter where Char pays him back for the glasses incident by teasing him about his Japanese girl name and making him go all sensitive and childish about it. I don't know. My friend and I do that sometimes (I'm two years younger and he's short.) and it usually makes our Spanish teacher sit down and put his head in his hands and feel like giving up.
Idk.
Marina x Machina chapter 10 . 5/11/2015
*suddenly turns nervous reading last line*
Oh, wait, I'm stuck in the Little Sister Zone for literaly everyone at my school...
Neeeevermind! I have nothing to fear!
Well, I like how nicely this wrapped up and explained everything. I'm not sure Mako is old enough to get a major job, I think the US working age was something like fifteen but you probably know this better than me. The last part...weeell you know about me and my relationship with fluff.
Fluff: Come here and give me a hug~
Me: AUGH! ABOMINATION!
But I guess the ending was kinda sweet, Mako's thoughts at the end felt superfluous but Char's cute, I guess.
Marina x Machina chapter 9 . 5/11/2015
Mh...Lots of bits I feel guilty for not knowing. My pride in my heritage is slowly dying. *sinks to floor* My mother sort of passed on her last name to me, she put it as part of my Chinese middle name but she did change her name. I always wanted to keep my last name though, anyway I heard it's trouble and paperwork migraines to do so.
Hm. Are all the popular teen shops Char shops at supposed to represent how she is in the world of popularity? I mean, it's cool if you shop there too, but I was thinking they seemed kinda diverse. Hot Topic for (I think) goth-y clothes, Abercrombie for jeans or stuff (Idk, I don't shop), Nordstrom for makeup and more fashion clothes, and Forever 21 is just a ton of polyester from what I see. Maybe stick to one specific store. Forever 21 and Hot Topic seems a bit odd for a combo, but I'm just nitpicky.
Marina x Machina chapter 8 . 5/11/2015
Pretty good! I forgot about the in-joke, but then again it's been so long and you guys are so popular now...DO YOU REMEMBER ME?
Really?
...I feel dumb. *sweats* My parents usual are paranoid about punctuality, but I did learn in etiquette it is rude to turn up early. Though I myself get worried about showing up for birthdays, I had a trauma because of Wild Waves that makes me want to show up to parties as early as possible.
Cary chapter 8 . 5/10/2015
I thought it was going to be a box of pads... xD
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »