Reviews for Libricide
Thwtwistedessie chapter 2 . 3/23/2015
Good so far. The idea is simple, but with good character development this story could be amazing.

One weird thing that I saw was when you put a hyphen when you said "The current social climate in these trying times suggests that-" then you wrote how they argued. Hyphens are good when someone is being interrupted, but this just looks like you're being lazy.

I'm very interested in Dostryesky, and the rest of this story.
JC Green chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
(Accidentally submitted before I finished it; here's the completed version)
Dear God ... *lets out a sigh of relief* *and another* *one more for good measure*
I have often said that the work here ranges from "This person deserves a Pulitzer" to "Would it kill you to run your spellchecker?" This is the first thing I've read today that is closer to the Pulitzer end of the spectrum, so excuse me if I gush a little.
The opening sentence and prologue in general really caught my attention, very dramatic, kind of a "cold opening," which is a great hook. Your writing style is magnificent. It's not all flowery and lyrical, but simple and effective, very appropriate for a teenage protagonist. I really love the future you've created, and I admire the Rhapsodists. They risk everything just to tell stories, and I like the way they name themselves after authors. The character relationships and character development also look promising, especially Martha. I looked up Petra Baum and didn't get anything, which tells me that the current regime rose sometime in the near future, but not now. And the "bread, not boiled" was a nice piece of tongue-in-cheek to break up the grimness of the city, which you described very well.
One thing I'm confused about is why Petra's so nervous. She thought she saw Dragoons-I'm assuming those are secret police-so why should she be so scared to tell Dostoyevsky? Why would he kick her out or have her killed?
I saw in the prologue that you plan on publishing this on Wattpad next week. Idk if you're going to keep posting it here as well, but I'm totally following it. The summary caught my eye because it's kind of like my work in progress, which also involves books, secret police, and a dystopian world, although books are not banned, just not used much.
In conclusion, reading this was like coming up for air. *inhales deeply* *wonders why she is putting so many things in asterisks*
JC Green chapter 2 . 3/5/2015
I saw in the prol
BeyondRedemption666 chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
I really liked this... Right off the bat you captured my attention and pulled me in with such a captivating first sentence.

As far as the main character goes, I like actually feel bad for her and want to read more about her. And the plot has soo much potential to be really great. Even tho this was only a short intro, you were able to convey so much information without it feeling forced. It's clear to me that you have some skill writing for an audience.

All in all, I think you've paved the way for an excellent story.