Reviews for Pretending
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
You lost me at Vila wearing a white dress to the wedding. That would be seriously tacky.
Anna Sutherland chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
Thought I'd check out some of your other stories and I was really struck by this one - very sweet and such a nice feel-good piece.
Lady SeeGard chapter 1 . 5/11/2015
As clichè as it may seem, I enjoyed every second of it! Well written and mature characters, and I also loved the office background - finally something different from the usual highschool/college one you mostly find in this site :) Definitely trying some other of your one-shots! have a great day.
zagato chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
Hi, Dill Wilson! This is a great story. I can relate to Vila. Thank you for writing this!
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
Ok, well as always great story Dill!(:
I really like the ongoing chemistry between Albin and Vila, like even though they were co-workers and both were involved in a "strict no-nonsense" type environment, the way the both flowed was just great! I love how they each revealed little pieces of information to each other and how without realizing it Vila and the wedding were what helped Albin push through and get over Jamie (so sad and tragic about that part). If it hadn't been for that day being all about Albin's sister's happiness and his unselfishness to be (or pretend) to be happy, if it hadn't been for Vila being there and not pushing him, he wouldn't have been able to. Any other fling wouldn't have given him that closure type that Albin needed and deep down he knew that. He just wasn't ready to let go of her yet. Same way that Vila had not talked to anyone about her insecurities and everything that had happened to her regarding her past relationships with guys and how things were with her father.
One take on this would be that all her life, from the moment her father left her family she was searching for that love, she thought she found it and it turned out to be not what she thought so she closed herself off and became, I wouldn't say bitter bc that is way harsh but she did become closed off and totally not open to the idea/thought of love.
Who knew that who/what Albin and Vila needed was so close to them! Whatever inspired is story major props to you for it Dill, love cute little stories like this!(:
damnphool39 chapter 1 . 3/24/2015
THIS. IS. SO. CUTE. There is so much characterization in here, the characters were charming, and the writing was so fluent and wonderful! Thank you for writing this :)
Savannah S chapter 1 . 3/24/2015
Sweet story. I enjoyed it. Nice job of background info on both. Great message that even "perfect" families have their share of problems, and aren't as perfect as they may seem. Great writing, nice descriptions of surroundings, wedding. I would have liked more physical description of Vila, including eye color. Also, more specific age of both. My bad if that info is there, and I just missed it.
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 3/24/2015
No time to read 10,000 words in one sitting this morning, but I like what I've read so far. It is certainly off to an interesting start, can't wait to read more later! It promises to be entertaining!