Reviews for Dennis Larson's Daughter
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
Great story, so very well written. Excellent descriptions and detail. I can't imagine what it would be like to bear such a heavy burden. Of course, she wasn't responsible for her dad's actions, but we always feel responsible for what our family does. It's human nature.

I've often wondered how families deal with the knowledge of the horrors, the pain some member of a their family has caused others, especially a parent of someone who goes into a school or church or movie theater and kills a large number of innocent people.

You handled the topic well, captured those feelings with Cori. Great job!
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
Wow, I wanted a deep and touching story so I am glad this came in today...
Never known anyone with a case similar to this so I can't even begin to imagine what Cori must have felt like or the things she would be going through. For Sam to want to be there for her and support her and help her with her demons, shows the type of man he is! Love how he was nonjudgmental towards her, even though he had his own little battles with everything regarding Cori's father. And yet he walked in with eyes completely open about this situation. He knew what he was getting into and he chose to do it for her instead of going on with his life.
Cori, the impact her fathers actions had on her life are expected yet not so much. Some people would have basked in the whole "fame" of this, others would have gone totally mad and done horrible things because of it. Yes, she was traumatized (and maybe traumatized is not the best word), but at least she didn't spin totally out of control and go on to do things like her father to herself or to others. Yes, she was depressed and she did go through a huge lull, putting her life on hold but I much rather prefer her doing that to her going totally crazy and consumed by this to the point killing herself or hurting others.
I can see how/why she would be afraid of what others would say to her or how they would act around her if she were to open up abit but it is called taking a leap of faith. (Trust me, I am aware that is it easier said than done) but at some point in their life, everyone has to take one! In glad that she chose to open up abit and accept that whatever her father did does not define who she is or who she will be or how she should live her life.
Yay for a good ending for this story! Yay for the two high school sweethearts ending up together. Yay for Cori being able to move on or make some progress regarding this! And yay for her finally being able to realize that her fathers actions in no way define her or the things she will accomplish in life!