Reviews for The Runaway Bride
zagato chapter 1 . 2/25/2019
This is so beautiful and sweet, I love how they found each other all over again, thank you!
Lady SeeGard chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
Lovely story! I loved the marriage background :)
Savannah S chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
Hanna Montana! Fun, proper reference. Good read. Was surprised, months later, to find them together. Nice that they made that full circle and ended together.

She was lucky he was still around by the time she figured out what she wanted in her life.
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
As always, I comment as I read, or I forget. Great take on the news being selective of what they report. How sadly true is that these days!

Love the Fifty Shades of Gray reference!

Liking the story so far.
AJ chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Hurray for a happy ending :D
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Well damn, this was unexpected. I really did not expect the story to end the way it had, so props to you for actually throwing that curveball in there Dill.
Bengerman, (where did you come up with that name?)… I admire him. He did what many cannot. He actually obeyed and did what his family bid him to do and worked hard to be able to do what he wanted to do which was play ball. He was able to have the best of both worlds ultimately because while he may not have been totally happy while growing up, he was able to keep his family happy while playing ball. Once he graduated and went on to detach himself from his family, he was able to still be happy doing what he wanted. He was never fully happy because he didn’t have Phoebe.
Phoebe, let’s see, reckless throughout her teenage years then she settled down, she mellowed out and became what “was right” for her to become and do with her life. She let herself get lost in what she wanted to do versus what her family wanted her to do. She might have been late but thankfully she was able to realize what she wanted was not what she was doing.
Her courage to leave everything the eve of her wedding is something to look up to, as that took a lot of courage. She knew the repercussions this would have and she still went on with, the rebel and reckless side of her, while mellowed out,, is still with her and yay for that!(: Yay for being the runaway bride and doing what she wanted for a change and being happy!
Bengerman lost a lot more (material-wise) and his whole family for leaving everything behind while Phoebe lost 6 months and moved to another news division, but ultimately, you see the difference in families. Phoebe’s looked for her happiness and thus allowed her to basically come back, call off the wedding, take a leave, switch from GNN to CNN and even accepted Bengerman because they ultimately cared for her happiness no matter what she did. Not saying everything was all fine and dandy because we as readers do not know all that went on and who was ticked off and who said what, but from an outsider’s view this is what is being projected. Bengerman’s on the other hand, literally left him behind. They moved on and gave whatever position he was supposed to have to his sister’s husband (who still has not forgiven him for the fight? Please, yes the wedding might have been ruined but its family), and they basically continued their lives without him all because what he wanted is not what they wanted.
And maybe I missed the whole point to this story but this is what I gathered from it!(: