Reviews for The Captain and Teal
Dill Wilson chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
I couldn't PM to Guest for his/her review so I just wanted to acknowledge it here - fair point - I should have thrown in a scene (or at least a few lines) of Teal telling the Captain how much she resented him for not waiting for her - in truth, I didn't even think of that insight - I was focusing on the aspect of lost love (for whatever reason) and the ability to have a second chance (and forget about the past) - I was in no way trying to imply that anybody should do what they aren't ready to do and that was certainly not the intent of this story in anyway. The characters are middle aged now and how they acted and how they felt as teenagers shouldn't define them now. I hope Guest will give The Captain a second chance - just like Teal did. :) Thanks, Dill Wilson
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2016
umm, he was horrible, if she wanted to wait she should and she should not feel like ti was her fault To me it sends the message that you should sleep with someone or you or going to loose them. They should not have ended up together. It was unfair that he got to have the happy ending and she didn't just because she wanted to wait for sex. No one should be judged whether they have or do not have sex.
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
Cute story. I enjoyed it. Very realistic with her family and all their issues.

Loved all the Captain and Tennille song references. Always loved them!

Look forward to your next story, as always.
xxSongBirdxx chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
aw that was cute
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
One of the cutest stories ever. Very good job in writing this and while it does shine some light on the whole Catholic way and everything and people have always said it implies, it does not make it sound offensive or anything in regard to it. (Trust me, I’m Catholic and it was fine by me so no worries!)
Loved loved loved how after all those years, after each one had had their own families and their own losses, they were still able to pick up and continue on. Being there and supporting them and just enjoying it. They are lucky, not many people who have a second chance can actually pick things up again and be happy (not a total smooth ride due to each other’s lives but for the most part, I believe they were happy!)
One could dwell on the questions Sawyer asked himself, whether he would have been able to sleep with Teal and just dump her for Anna or if they would have made it or how things would have been differently and I am so so glad for Teal’s response! You really cannot go through life wondering on the “what if’s” or possibilities of the outcome of events in our lives, he literally would have driven himself crazy! He’ll always feel a tiny tinge of guilt but honestly, I don’t think that things would have been any different if either of them had the chance to do it over again. Why? Life happened for them. Teal has 5 different people in her life because of what happened while Sawyer has 2 others. No way would either of them give those 7 kids up just for them to have a second chance.
I just crack up at how Mary is all comfortable to talk freely with Teal regarding her sex life (especially with Sawyer present) and how Teal got flustered at it. Love it when people are comfortable enough to talk openly about something so like normal (at least for Mary).
The end… Very nice way to close out the story!(: