Reviews for D: Lovely (Failed Labyrinth June 2015)
ChrisRidgewayVoiceActor chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
s/3259334/1/Dobahold-The-Approaching-Darkness

s/3227176/1/Infinite

De-lovely

at least 150 words each

I accept that'll you be strict when you return this review, if I couldn't take critcism, I probably should be making content anyways. Now onto the story: First off, I'd like to say I find this premise both hilarious and interguing. I've often been curious about this exact topic being done into a story so extreme kudos for that one! Jeez, it'd be nice to have such a robot.

I am thinking, therefore I exist. Interesting indeed. I like where it's going so far. Interesting that he feels it lacks emotions, though understandable considering. Also nice that she seemed to care. Very ghost in the shell like, in my opinion. Very drawn into this chapter. Its sweet that she's being so considerate of how upset he's been. I dread that I worry it'll go ugly with time. Still, nice all things considered so far (I often review as I read).

Very interesting to see you are focusing so much attention to detail on these two characters specificly, I like that. It's a very relaxing story, even in spite of his grumpyness. HA. French maid because she was inexpensive. Quite an amusing reason! Robot and not a wife..cold, but understandable considering the person he seems to be.

The Lovely is being too bold by playing it..that's strange even to me. She likes Cats. Uh oh..he's disturbed. This might end poorly for her. Reminds me of Cara, that game coming soon to consoles. The machine that felt like it was alive, but isn't supposed to.

hmm...replacement right away? Yeesh. I'd think such a robot would be considered top of the line and even further of value and worth reselling..I'm sure there'd be customers who'd want that in a HEARTBEAT. But I guess that isn't the world this is intended for.

This tale of Claudette was definitely a good read and I will definitely have to read it again sometime. Very nice job! Thumbs up!
MariaTJackson chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
Ooh... That was interesting and very strange. i like it!
Lyaksandra chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
A really enjoyable, and well written piece. Just one thing. You wrote aesthetic, I believe you meant ascetic.
Jamba For Jabba chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
It was pretty good, thanks for writting it!
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
Ahahahaha! Yes! Leading with a reference to Anything Goes!

Also, The Lovely is a wonderfully unsettling name for a utility android.

The initial references to the internet are a little jarring, intruding on Pierre's cultivated Enlightenment world bubble, but after that they rapidly become an essential part of the story.

My god, this is excellent. Cut the explanation of what a D drive does from the beginning (your audience is probably going to have an inkling), and it should be super publishable. Seriously. This is innocent and unsettling and complicated and somehow never overstated. It's the best short story I've read all year.
augie.toaste chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
I really liked what you've done with the prompt. The characters and action progresses nicely, and the ending, though predictable, is solid.

Is it unsophisticated of me to see the D: as a frowny face?

Sir specifically given her that command. Feels like that sentence is missing a word.

Also, it would have been good to see more of the Lovely start to think about the existence-that-can-not-be-turned-off thing throughout the piece.

Augie
T.D. Spearman chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
I love what she tells him in the end. It seems llike the type of statement that would make you really step back and take a look at yourself.
Jun Aoi chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
Awesome! I loved how it came full circle. Using both character's perspectives is done surprisingly well.