Reviews for A Rose in Winter
zagato chapter 1 . 3/28/2020
This is good thank you.
Rigel chapter 7 . 3/20/2017
Try and use greek names instead of "George" , "Emily" or "Gavin" (or any other christian name), it'd give your readers more opportunity to submerged in the story world.

Also, there's not much that makes the plot advance and their courting can't be all there is to your story... and if it is, you might as well edit some chapters and make it shorter, more solid.

In any case, your writing style is easy to enjoy and I hope you continue sharing more!
Ray-Anne chapter 32 . 6/15/2015
Well that was strange. From the first chapter I thought I was going to really like it. It ended up taking a different turn than I thought it would. Still good, but it was an odd mix of mythology and whateverkindofsuitsme. Which is cool in a way, nothing like having a new twist. I am sort of disappointed the characters and story didn't get fleshed out more. A lot (seriously a lot) happened and it barely got its due course, especially the romance(s). Not bad, it was fun to read. A little drawn out for being a shallow read but nice all the same.
Anonymous Review chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
I'm only to the middle of chapter 2, liking the story so far. Just not sure why you had Hades as Zeus's son, where mythology clearly states they are brothers. Maybe you wanted Persephone and Hades to have closer ages? It just sort of distracts me a little from the story. Anywho, I'll get back to reading.
Greeneyes616 chapter 32 . 6/13/2015
What a good ending. I'm intrigued to see what the sequel brings.
ScarletDusk chapter 32 . 6/12/2015
This was...amazing. I finished in less than a day and it's a great story with some great hooks in it. I loved how Greek mythology was cleverly weaved into it, and it was a pleasant surprise that the olypians were mortal. You have my follow and favorite! :)
Greeneyes616 chapter 30 . 6/10/2015
Oh this keeps getting better and better! I love the tale you've been weaving, lovely.
Greeneyes616 chapter 24 . 6/8/2015
Oh this is so good. I just spent the past few hours reading this.
The True Dreamer chapter 22 . 6/7/2015
Wow-o-wow! That sure is an interesting discovery about Persephone! I'm sure she doesn't know the depths of her power cause if she had she'd be wrapped around Hades everyday for the months she's spent in Summer.
And, Oh! Poor Marshal! Guilt had a funny way of breaking people so i hope Emily humbles herself soon and bounces back for a second chance. The story is really coming along great! I'm glad Chrys didnt wait too long to tell Laetitia of his past. He's a good and honorable man. But that last line got me thinking though...i hope we dont have to lose anybody.
The True Dreamer chapter 21 . 6/7/2015
Hello again! I feel so bad for Persephone. Her mother is just so terrible-i wonder if she has any feeling left at all. I wonder how long Persephone's been away for? It seems its been atleast a couple of months and if so why hasnt Apollo made his move on her? Im just wondering what he'd up to. And to bring back the previous chapter, im wondering what disease has taken hold of Zeus...is that why Apollo is so preoccupied(preparing for Zeus' throne, not caring for his father, perhapes...or suprisingly, could it be vice-versa)? I can't wait to see where things are going!
Also the letters from our hero's in Winter were halarious! I hope they are reunited soon.
The True Dreamer chapter 20 . 6/7/2015
Awwww! This chapter was absolutely halarious! Marshal is so quirky and sweet with all his poetic vows of love! But i think his tree with hair like leaves is more like a desert cactus! He may have to get aggressive to get what he wants. It will either work like a charm!...or he'll get bet up, lol! And yaaaayyyyy! Chrys' proposal worked out like we all knew it would!..But now what is he hiding? He'd better speak up soon or Laetitia may abandon him. She doesn't seem like the type of girl who will tolerate being lied to. sigh, there's always something. And i wonder what secrete Narin(Prince Lorimir, i suppose) is holding about Persephone...I'd research Persephone online but i refuse to spoil my story! Great job:-)
The True Dreamer chapter 19 . 6/7/2015
Hello! I really liked this chapter. Its pretty hard to see our hero's being tormented by their separation; and not only Hades, the girls have taken a blow too. Its good they couldn't go out to get Persephone because i think it really would have made things worse and we wouldn't be able to see Zeus throw around alittle justices(I know she's priestess and all but i wish he had put his foot in her butt alittle harder!). I agree with every word he told Demeter. Shes going to lose her daughter if she keeps going down this path shaming her, amoung other things cause i think Zeus has had it with her.
On the brighter side Emily's being totally brutal to poor Marshal which is fun to picture! I hope we get to see more of them! And i dont see why Chrys is stuggling with his proposal! He snatched up the sweetest girl in the whole story! Of course she's gonna say yes! I cant wait to find out what happens next!
The True Dreamer chapter 18 . 6/6/2015
Hello there! Wow, this chapter was really heart wrenching and unfair! A whole 6 months without her husband is so harsh. Talvin and his band have been unleashed, Demeter's got everyone brainwashed including herself, and Apollo is prancing around like he's won(he's such a monster). But i know this isnt the end. Hades and Persephone will have a happy ending! Great work!
The True Dreamer chapter 17 . 6/5/2015
Wow! I cant believe Demeter is doing this to her daughter! Its so sad and really selfish of her to try to destroy her daughter at any cost( though shes doesnt see that). She doesn't want to see her happiness. She's being blind, controlling and stupid and i hope she pays dearly!
The True Dreamer chapter 16 . 6/4/2015
Hello! That Talvin is definitely a sly little trickster! He's got alot of people on the side of this lost prince. I hope they hang him until his neck snaps or better yet let Cerberus make a meal of him! I'm so glad to see him in this story by the way.:-) That was a really wounderful and unexpected addition! Not only that, I'm just as fed up with poor Hades being targeted. Its time for him to have the upper hand with some help from that awesome creature! And im so happy for Laetitia and Chrys! They are so perfect together it gives me chills! Everything is written very well and the story is flowing very nicely and at a really good pace. As for Persephone and Hades...let's hope we dont get anymore interruptions for the sake of there sanity and mine;-). I cant wait for you to post more!
31 | Page 1 .. Last Next »