Reviews for Smokey's
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
Talk about late reviews!
Ok, so super great story as always, loved the constant reminder that what we do in our past does not and should not define who we are or what we do in life! The legal systems and their technicalities are beyond effed up (big time dislike this)! It's funny in an ironic sort of way how Smokey's ended up "housing" and taking in people with various backgrounds yet they all had that similarity in common!
Zack is obviously a good man, for other people to be as protective over him as they are anyway. No matter how we think we are perceived, others will always see us differently and that shows for Zack! While I loved his character I honestly wanted to just yell at him for thinking of himself the way he did, for thinking that he wouldn't be able to do anything with his life just because of his name being on that list. Gah, one of those love/hate things about him but it's understandable and it is needed for his character!
Launi, (I like that name)... Hmm, I liked her character, I liked how unlike Zack, she was able to roll with life. She took what happened to her and embraced it (in her own way) and moved on from it while still being conscious of the fact that it happened! I like that in a person, to be able to take what happened and make it work for oneself! Of course while her little indiscretion differs from Zack's, she was able to make him change his views of a few things and that is the best thing about this story! Loved how Smokey's is a place where people can come in for a second chance, at life, at love, at dating, at anything! Loved the ending!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
Great story with an important message - as your stories always have. Sweet, touching ending.

I enjoyed this story, even got a bit emotional at the last paragraph.

Savannah Singleton
Savannah S chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
So she got a bum rap, too,I see.

"Hope he was a good lay". Ha! Great line by Zack.
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
Just starting this story. Very interesting storyline and background of characters. Seems like a bum rap for Zack, and sadly we all know this happens way too often in real life. One mistake can ruin a person's life.

Ok, back to reading.