Reviews for Finding Nowhere
Woedin chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
I weep for your protagonist, and her discarded affections. For her misplaced hopes, her shattered dreams, and her heartfelt love that was spurned. Is it not truly the eternal romantic tragedy, revealed by even the classical bards in history. And like those tales of melancholy love does it not beg the question that every broken heart tearfully ponders throughout time. Why is it so hard to find this thing that we all know will content, and complete us? Why does it elude us so, and when it seems almost in our grasp, why are we unable cling to that which we treasure? Well this is what I've found, and this may even be the truth of it. Just maybe anything, or anyone worth completely having, that we would willingly bind our heart, and soul to. Is meant by design, to be hard to find, or obtain. Being such a serious thing to share, that it's not to be taken lightly, or for granted. The harder the quest, the more cherished the prize! Although love at first sight makes for a lovely song, I've never been able to learn all the words, and I sing of it often. I would also wish the fine author of this piece, and anyone like me who continues their hearts quest, good fortune, and contentment.
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
You say just enough with a really good selection of words and build on it nicely. Each stanza is more powerful than the next. That last one, is VERY strong.

I have a lot of difficulty with stuff like this so it's really cool when I see it.
yanz chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
I loved the last two lines, it manages to say so much with so little. Walking through a home and sharing memories and histories is a lovely way to show a person falling for someone.

Only thing I would criticize is the flow, particularly in stanza 4, the line "suddenly, this stranger's house, I couldn't wait to leave" sounds a little awkward.

Otherwise this was good, keep writing. :)