Reviews for Kite
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
I love these because you can get so much out of so little. This is a new concept to me.

I am not sure if the persona is high as a kite because of the love received. Or if the persona is saying that freedom is enjoyed within limits. As if the love is a string that binds her...
Bob Story Builder chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
M. Soames are you a literary professor or something? Reading your review was very insightful and had me appreciating this poem a lot more and see the image vividly.
M. Soames chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Notice the triangulation of FELT, FREEDOM, and FLY: there is a link in the haiku between these three words by way of their consonance and spatial positioning, which can only lead the reader to speculate whether the final line is sincere or a ruse. Without a fourth such word appropriately positioned in the final line, the kite is not diamond-shaped, but a triangle. What does this mean? In my own experience, the three-pointed kite does not sail as smoothly on the air's waves as the quadrilateral. But in the oddness of the number, and the special connotation of the third number in matters of love, maybe the whole point is what isn't written. That is to say, our three actors are really the kite, the kite's pilot, and the ground on which the pilot stands. Is this kite "the other woman" in the pilot's life? Note also the poem's contents in relation to their vertical order: the highest, way up in the sky, is FELT, feelings; not as high up, but in the middle of the air, the FREEDOM TO FLY, itself; finally, on ground level, a reference to the pilot. This poem is looking down, or coming down, in three brief acts.
Fuschia Rose chapter 1 . 6/9/2015