Reviews for A Place to Call Home
jtbwriter1956 chapter 18 . 10/1/2015
I never would have guessed this...Christian and Gerhard descendants of a clan? As long as he was able to save Leslie's life, I think Christian can learn to handle his new "gift". I don't know if Gerhard will have an easy time of it either. But this is so believable-thanks for a wonderful what if-looking forward to the next chapter in Christian and Leslie's lives!
Harry2.0 chapter 18 . 10/1/2015
Oh Lord! The news that Christian is a descendent of ANOTHER clan thought extinct is FANTASTIC news! And I was about ready to put your head on a pike for killing Leslie off. SHAME ON ME! Now, we need to prepare for the next book and learning more about some of the other clans that came over.
Harry2.0 chapter 17 . 9/28/2015
NOOOO! Not Leslie! Not the mother of the children! This woman who did it is going to know PAIN before she gets the Death Penalty! You harm Leslie, YOU WILL PAY!
jtbwriter1956 chapter 17 . 9/27/2015
No. I can't believe this. Not Leslie. Her warnings may have save the others, but for both Anastasia and Christian to witness this..awful! Can Leslie's father intervene-bring her back? Or maybe the tribunal? What a development-thank you for the update-but NOW what? :(
jtbwriter1956 chapter 16 . 9/16/2015
Oh, oh. Thank God for that certainty...it saved lives before and hopefully it will prevent a tragedy from happening. I think Leslie is selling Christian short; he will remember what happened after the Royal Glory incident and take precautions. I love how everyone convinced Leslie that her voice is fine; now if she would just believe them! Thanks for an intriguing chapter-now what?:)
Harry2.0 chapter 16 . 9/16/2015
Well, this upcoming trip to Fantasy Island is going to be one that will truly be special. With the news that the Lindblom's will be going to the Island is going to be special. I think it will force Roarke and the Tribunal to rethink just what has gone on, and what needs to be done for one who could be a part of this group that arrived on Earth so long ago.
Wendy Thompson135th chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
'...and Gabriella, Arnulf's middle daughter, had been murdered nearly two years ... leaving a husband and an adopted son who had since moved back to their native Sweden. & Upon Gabriella's death, her cousin Gerhard's son Matteus, known within the family as Matti and now almost nine years old, had inherited Lilla Jordsö's throne. Due to the king's age, though, Carl Johan—the oldest of King Arnulf I's surviving children—was serving as regent for his grandson.' -so what is the connection between G's death and Matteus inheriting the throne? Was G the queen regnant? If so, that needs mentioning. If not, the statements need explication.
jtbwriter1956 chapter 15 . 9/11/2015
Oh-this is good! Toria has learned a lot from her mother and Leslie; but she has to learn when not to spill a secret! Of course, this time it is something that is going to make a big difference and I'm glad Leslie has made the overture for her and her father to go to the Island. I love that Christian teased Leslie about wanting to go there early...but at least it's only a few months away. Thanks for a great read-now what?:)
Harry2.0 chapter 15 . 9/11/2015
You hinted recently that you were going to start doing some work with some of the other clans in a recent conversation on FB. Well, you just BLEW MY MIND! TIME TRAVEL!? And at so young a age? I think you know what I am about to say: MORE! Time to head back to the island and talk with Roarke about this!
jtbwriter1956 chapter 14 . 9/2/2015
Shame on the rude passengers; anyone who reads those rags deserves the royal stare! I'm glad Christian helped Leslie realize her behavior was a 9 days wonder; but I wish they could take on those bullies! I'm just grateful Karina won that contest so hopefully things will calm down. And including Anastasia in the "Princess School" was a stroke of genius; I wonder how much she will remember? Thanks for a real treat and an eye-opener too! Now what:O!
Harry2.0 chapter 14 . 9/2/2015
I smell another trip to Fantasy Island in the future for information on the past! And I also think that Leslie will make a great assistant to the Royal Librarian. With her love of books and history, she will work out very well.
Harry2.0 chapter 13 . 8/27/2015
Leslie may have ended up drunk, but the idea that Michiko came up with is a GREAT idea! It might just help Leslie to deal with being Royalty, especially when she and Christian have to go out for events.
jtbwriter1956 chapter 13 . 8/27/2015
If I were Leslie, I'd have acted just the same; leaving your youngest behind is hard enough without an impatient husband! I know Leslie needs to start leaving her insecurities behind; but with jet lag and little sleep, she should not have been forced to go on such a pace! Shame on Michiko for not being more understanding; and Christian should have cut her a little more slack! I do think the drinking was out of character but considering her lack of choices or lack of understanding, Leslie had enough reasons to get drunk! This was a different look at what Leslie is going through; thanks! Now what?:)
jtbwriter1956 chapter 12 . 8/26/2015
Oh, that's a good sign. Home is not only where her family is, but where she's comfortable. And the island is neither anymore. I do love how Anastasia reacted to Leslie's absence; I think Christian handled her unhappiness just right. Now that they will be going back to the island for the summer, will they find out what happened to the nightcrier? I'm just waiting for Leslie to realize herself that her sense of home has changed. Thanks for a great chapter, now what?:)
Harry2.0 chapter 12 . 8/26/2015
Well, this short visit to Fantasy Island did some good. Matters were taken care of and Magic is back! Now, its time to spend time with family before the next crisis comes up.
37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »