Reviews for Song of the Moon
RainbowPearls chapter 1 . 9/24/2017
I loved the sad tragic tale.
I feel sad about her.
I must say you really flare at sad romances and it makes me more of your works to be read.
I just feel the sudden pain of unexpected departure. :(
Liya Smith chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
This was absolutely beautiful and really well written. It made me feel things.
waad chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
This was very beautiful. Tragically so.

I loved the rhythm in this piece, and in my opinion, I loved the repetition as it shows that despite all that had happened and the distance that had grown between them, her love was unscathed as was his.
M. Soames chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
For stories of repetition, an examination of the poem's structure usually helps illuminate the nuances of the work. So, first things first: the stanzas are divided into a sequential scheme of 4, 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6 lines. Eight stanzas total, the fifth italicized. The first and seventh stanzas are identical. Were we to remove the two stanzas in the middle, making the poem structurally repetitive, we would remove that which skews it: violence (stanza four) and desperation (stanza five). Thus, the core of the piece which mars a perfect repetition is violence and desperation. But without it, there would be no repetition! Which is the true reason for making stanzas one and seven identical: without stanzas four and five, although the poem at first appears to achieve a perfect structural repetition, stanzas one and seven (alternately, newly stanza five) would glare out as mismatched. In other words, structurally, the poem is a kind of metaphor for inherent and irreparable imperfection. The uneven rhyme scheme plays into this as well.

So far as the content is concerned, the inherent and irreparable imperfection is threefold: the masculine character's deafness, the apparently mismatched relationship of the feminine and masculine characters, and ultimately the solution of the poem's central tragedy. Note well the dualities of the poem; the first, most obvious is the pride of place given to the arts visual and aural. Cruelty and avarice act out their evil in the first line of stanza four, while the patriarchal deity is invoked in the first line of the twin stanza: the two are not equal to the one, which equation of inequality is solved by an elegant and magical (if tragic) solution. Again, among the lovers, the feminine flies while the masculine remains grounded, as in the author's earlier haiku "Kite."
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
The story is good but there's a lot going on in the print... Though, I can't put my finger on it (I'm no help.)

That aside, I fell in love with the story! I feel inspired... It makes me want write a fairy tale about seasons.
Bob Story Builder chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
Tragic. Repetition is bookending more than flowing in the poem. My question is what were you trying to achieve with the repetition?