Reviews for Tampons
drowning in ice chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
First - I don't feel this is spoken word poetry. But to be fair I don't actually know what that is.

Second - You're leaving out birth control. Hormonal birth control does tons of damage to a woman's body. Whereas a condom only decreases an amount of feeling they have with sex.
Side point - Hormonal birth control is also the "only way" to deal with the hells of a period.

Third - perhaps a bit too personal but I've been through my own womanly hell with this. I've been through birth control that made everything worse and I've been through anti-depressants that gave me "brain zaps" and I go through widespread pain and suffering for 2 weeks out of every month. Even more personal I also went through a period of my life when I was, quite literally, too poor to afford tampons and resorted to using socks. It was unbearably miserable.

So finally, on that point, I greatly appreciate what you are saying. I love the point you are making and the comparisons you point out in the urge to understand what can't be understood to those who don't go through it. To your final paragraph - women listen, they do not speak unless spoken to. It takes time to undo what time has done. And I believe we will eventually have our time.

Thanks for sharing this.