Reviews for Maximum
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
I have the perfect guy for Huntzer in mind. lol. Like seriously, seemed like so real!
I really liked Paul and Max's friendship, like Paul said, they balanced each other out. One helped out the the other and their dynamics worked. They did have a sort of weird understanding with girls, like Iona and Hillary, polar opposites same as Paul and Max yet somehow in some weird way, they did work. It always blows my mind how things can happen in the blink of an eye. As always, doing reckless things will bring reckless consequences. Sure it's fine to bend the rules abit but come on, drag racing with others in the car and everything that followed? So sad, again, another story I just had to continue chapter after chapter.
Now breakdown even further. Iona, like like the eff? Ok so she was brooding Aileen type that listened to Max and was there for him and all but really? She was ok with being used like that? Just for sex, just as shoulder and available ear to hear Max talk about all he had going on and that's it? Yea, she had his attention and all (more than what a lot of girls could say) but didn't she respect herself any at all? Yea, I understand she had emotional and to some extent mental issues and all so I can't really blame her not speaking up about it but still, something else that blows my mind how people will let other use them and claim they love them? No, max may have had feelings but how do you love someone more than you know them? You can't. Then disappearing from Paul like that? Hopefully she will find someone that she can depend on and grow with. That she can become stable with.
Hillary. Ok I liked Iona better than Hillary. Like really? You know the guy you are "obsessing over" is doing another girl, you are with his friend in the same area studying while he is off with another girl and you are just fine and dandy with that? Like again, no self respect? Again, another person being used. Hillary knew, yet she chose ignore it in hopes that Max would one day notice her. Then walking away from everyone they way she did? Not nice of her.
Paul. Him I like and I dislike. Like seriously, I think something all 3 characters so far has in common, they were used. They were used and for one reason or another they chose to ignore it, to let it happen, to let it run its course. Like no. You fight to stop that but being that Paul had nobody besides Max and Hillary and even Iona, he chose to allow it to happen. To allow himself to be the tag along which sucks. He really shouldn't have felt any remorse for taking whatever money and things after Max's death. Going to sound pretty bad but better he keep all of it then someone else who probably didn't need it like he did keep it. This being said though, I wouldn't have kept them. The money maybe, but from the beginning I would have given the stuff away or sold it. All it is bad juju and bad vibes from a death that while important, would end up coming back to haunt him, thus the nightmares.
Paul finally ridding himself from those things, from Iona, helping his mother and being the person he was meant to be, that I liked. He was finally free from all that was holding him back. He was free from Max and his aunt's approval and everything else.
Max. His character I liked. And then I disliked. A lot more to this character than meets the eye. A lot more hidden under that hair and the smile and everything else. He came from an extremely wealthy background and was better off that Pail yet he wasn't fully happy. He used people. He used Paul to keep him grounded but also if it hadn't been for Paul, he wouldn't have been human. He would have lead the same shallow life eventually that most of his family lived (had he lived of course). He used Iona as a shoulder to lean on and for sex and everything else but I really don't think he loved her. Yea he might have been infatuated with her and all but you can't love someone more than you know them. You can't, literally a recipe for disaster. His ending was a sad shock. Like really. Not in a gruesome oh my gosh kind of way, I mean yes it was gruesome but not in a way that it was tasteless or anything of the sort. Props to you for that Dill. Really good story, and no, I was not attacking your characters (for anyone else reading this) I was just giving my take on how these characters all came together and formed this different dynamic group of people that although different came together and clicked rather well. :) great story, enjoyed reading.
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
This is a cute little story so far. I like it! You're doing a good job of pushing the plot forward while still giving me enough background information to prevent me from getting lost.
Savannah Singleton chapter 6 . 7/2/2015
Good story. Sad and depressing, but sweet that Landers and Hillary found their way back to each other, and that she had matured enough to appreciate him.

Very realistic for someone to want something unattainable, as she did Huntzer, only to realize later what/who was best was already right in front of them. Some realize that too late. She got a second chance.

Iona was a lost soul not to be saved, it seemed. At least he tried.
Savannah Singleton chapter 4 . 7/2/2015
I can imagine that Landers would be haunted by the results of the crash and have the nightmares, and feel the guilt. Heavy stuff for a young man, especially a sensitive one like Landers, to deal with.
Savannah Singleton chapter 2 . 7/2/2015
"You're pathetic," Ion told him...

At that point I was thinking how pathetic they all were, especially Hillary.

Was not expecting that! Horrible. Amazing Iona survived with such little injuries, while Huntzer...didn't.

Pretty heavy reading with my morning coffee. :(
Savannah chapter 1 . 7/1/2015
The start of this story sounds vaguely familiar. :)

Can't wait to read more, and see where it's going.

Savannah Singleton
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
Chapters! I cannot begin to tell you how much that excites me. LOL! They all came at once, but they are still chapters, dividing the story up, making it much easier to read, at least for me. And an M rating. I can't wait to get started reading! I know it will be good. :)