Reviews for Good Night, Saigon
zagato chapter 11 . 1/6/2019
This is so beautiful, I had a feeling that Brad won't come back, but it all ends well for Liz and Donny. Thank you.
Savannah Singleton chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
Great start. Great TV, music, and movies back then. I loved them all! Brings back memories.

I think I'm going to enjoy this, though you did warn, so I might need tissues handy.
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
Is it bad that I was actually holding out from Brad to miraculously pull through and come back? Gah, loved loved loved this story. Started in the first chapter and kept going on and on until I got to the end. Ok, rewind to the beginning. Yea, sure she was abit naive and love struck. I mean "the marine", the older cooler guy was taking an interest in her and was paying attention to her and the feeling is most certainly understandable coming from an 18 year old. This being said, yea the guy was a marine and he was older and cooler but he was abit of a jerk to his brother. Big no no for me but back to the blinding love struck thing, she let herself get pulled under by Brad's "awesomeness". Honestly, I liked Donny better. Sure I was cheering for Brad to pull through and somehow make it back but after a few chapters it sunk in that it wasn't going to happen.
Love how Lizzie and Donny seemed to meet and coincide in "big events" (holidays I mean here). And I can understand Donny's resentment towards Brad, I mean he was good in school and did a lot of things yet just because Brad was a Marine and had served twice already he got all the credit and all of his parents appraisals. Sucks when parents overlook a child over another. Most of the time it can be unintentional but it also (if allowed) can be done in a way where parents think they are pushing (motivating in their words) the others to do better and they just end up pushing their children away from them. Trying to make them fill shoes or positions that simply cannot be filled by everyone. I'm happy that Donny got over his resentment to Brad, and for his parents. Lizzie of course took longer being that he really did like her and she chose the other brother over him. Ugh, even though I liked Brad, it sucks how everyone was blinded and just awed by him so much that people like Donny got overlooked.
Love how the songs referenced back to everything. That's what brought Donny and Lizzie together in a lot of moments. Being the 3rd wheel to Lizzie and Brad definitely connected him without realizing it. Excuse the rambling and the way I am all over with the review Dill!(:
Deeper than Fathomless chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
I really like the way this story started!