Reviews for Under a blue-grey sky
Jaya Avendel chapter 40 . 12/10/2017
What a way to end the chapter, and with only one to go, I am so sad!

The long conversation was most engaging. Rayne finally asked the question and learned a few things about himself and Benders as well. It is about time Cray overhead a conversation she bothered to enter in! I am rather sad Brook will have to watch Eryk die. But, in a way, it will only make the two of them treasure their time together more. Still, it is a tragic note.

Rayne is a bit shy and jumpy but at least he did not dissolve into mush when Cray put her arms around him. He will lose his awkwardness!

Growing old with Cray . . . what a sweet line! Looking forward to the next chapter!
Jaya Avendel chapter 39 . 12/1/2017
. . . . . WOW, THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT EXPECTED!

What a stunning surprise but it makes such perfect sense! She helped him, and I will bet that was not her intention!

Poor Rayne; he is still a little dazed and confused, but I am glad he still has feelings and is not NOT human. That could be kind of scary. I am beginning to like Brook and his line 'but then I met Eryka and I realized I was wrong". That did not work for Rayne.

Interesting the way you portrayed the conversation from Cray's point of view.
Barbados chapter 41 . 11/29/2017
Ending is a perfect 10.

Very satisfying emotionally, and the structure with the song is executed perfectly.

It's been a long ride with them, and often frustrating as they were often like two ships passing in the night - just barely missing the mark with each-other.

You made it all about them, though - instead of the world, or beating the villain, etc - and it paid off.

Bravo.
Jaya Avendel chapter 38 . 11/18/2017
So while Brook and Rayne share their memories, Cray is broken up. And she should be, after what happened. She never thought telling Brook about Rayne as a betrayal. It was a terrible shock to her to hear it.

It looks like whatever Brook did to Rayne was not exactly . . . easy. He got through it but I guess Rayne had neither the practice or strength to withstand the mental bombardment.
Jaya Avendel chapter 37 . 11/18/2017
Wow, that escalated quickly, with Rayne's private battle and the voice of guilt and doubt chewing him apart inside out.

The conversation between him and Cray erupted quite literally and drove Rayne to flee the pressure of something he could not take. I was genuinely afraid Snatchers might show up or he would not find his head and stop running. I am glad Brook found him.

Good job creeping me out with the last few words!
Jaya Avendel chapter 36 . 11/18/2017
I liked the scene with Cray and Eryk. They interacted well together. In fact, they chatted like old friends but Cray has known Eryk and Brook consciously a while longer then Rayne.

Man, Rayne's mind is not balanced; of course Cray needs him! Surely he can see that! I suppose this talk with Brook must have unsettled him more then usual. And he clearly does not trust Brook; lying to him like that. But, when faced with something new and unexpected, Rayne likes to play it safe.
Barbados chapter 40 . 11/14/2017
Aww, touching end to that chappy. Only 1 left.

Some questions answered, some others posed.

All very well written, as usual.

I liked the pop of the fire bringing Rayne to life. Not literallt to life of course, I understand.

Back to finish it soon.
Jaya Avendel chapter 35 . 11/13/2017
I loved being with Rayne again! His mind is a little fogged up but everything in his mind was carefully measured. I think Brook can teach him, if only Rayne will let him!

I laughed so hard at the joke!
Jaya Avendel chapter 34 . 11/13/2017
? What? If it is true Brook is Rayne's father, it would make sense. Brook can bend water to. But he denied being Rayne's father. It does not bode well for him now That Rayne has called him father. Of course, he could be hallucinating.

It sounds like Brook and Eryk can communicate silently.

Poor Cray; fighting with an injured Rayne. Thinking about Halyden tore her open.
Jaya Avendel chapter 33 . 11/13/2017
So Eryk is a Destroyer and Brook has (what is it called) telekinesis? I liked what he did with his knives; he has a good aim! And Erky is very flexible . . .

The battle with the Snatchers and the ensuing conversation was wonderful. Once again your emotions are so pure and clean. Although the ending line was funny. Eryk and Brook are deadly!
Jaya Avendel chapter 32 . 11/11/2017
Brook and Eryk are very interesting. To be honest, I thought for a moment Eryk was the male and Brook was the female but I soon corrected myself. I like them curiously.

Poor Rayne; he fainted after everything!

The chapter ended with a wicked cliffhanger! The Snatchers are back and it looks like Eryk has been caught!
Jaya Avendel chapter 31 . 11/11/2017
"Nothing else occupied her but the struggle to hold the terror bubbling within her, threatening to boil over into senseless screaming and blind fight."

You describe emotions and inner feeling so very well. I loved the tension in this chapter, and I am curious to see who Eryk and Brook are.
Jaya Avendel chapter 30 . 11/10/2017
So that is Halyden's past. Interesting. In a way, only death could ever make him happy, even a brutal death. His hate devoured him. Making people pay with their sons and daughters . . . ooh, I shudder.

They sung the song for him and gave him a proper burial. And now they face the difficulty of their newest task . . .
Jaya Avendel chapter 29 . 11/10/2017
Oh no!

The Snatchers are so cruel! I shivered through the interrogation, but I never expected them to kill him! What an unexpected twist! Good thing Rayne held onto Cray or they would both be facing a fate worst then death.

The ending was so sad, especially the spilling out guts. I wonder what will happen next?
Jaya Avendel chapter 28 . 11/10/2017
Nightmares for Rayne. With Cray injured and him in his traumatized state, I imagine this must have been an emotional chapter for you to write.

The conversation between the two was very intense, full or tears and ad joy. Poor Rayne; feeling as though he does not deserve her because of what the Lady did to him. I am so glad Cray spoke out her feelings and told him the truth:

I will wait.