Reviews for Consider
Daisy May chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
This captures so many of my own feelings- Why would an all-powerful God, a Creator with limitless wonder and majesty, care about me? Why would He know my name, much less call me by it so that I can be His? And the answer makes no sense to worldly logic: He calls us because He LOVES US. He loves us more than any human word can express, and He is so good to us! He's done so much in my life, so much that I don't even remember, so many ways my life could have turned if He didn't love me and protect me.

Just the other day, I was reading my Bible because I was thinking of the blood moon coming up, you know? So I look to see how many times the word "moon" is in the Bible and where these instances are. I don't read any of the chapters until I see one in the book of Joel, so I go to the chapter and read it (Joel chapter 2). Afterwards, I'm praying about some of the verses in the chapter, such as verse 31-

"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."

So I'm talking to God, and I ask him about if the upcoming blood moon really signals His return like some people are professing, and immediately Matthew chapter 25, verse 13 comes into my mind-

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

So, because of the witness God gave me, there's only one thing I know for certain about the great and terrible day of the Lord- That no man knows the day, nor the hour. Only God knows; so if anyone says they know, they really don't.

But, back to my testimony (because, believe it or not, there's more to the story!).

Later on that night, I grab my Bible to read a chapter before bed. I open up to see what God gives me, and I open up to the book of Acts, chapter 2. As I'm reading it, I get to verse 16 where Peter mentions the prophet Joel. Immediately my mind went to the chapter I'd read a few hours previously, and I kept reading to see what the chapter talks about. This chapter, Acts chapter 2, directly quotes 5 verses from Joel, chapter 2! Really, read both chapters and you'll see what I'm talking about! Acts chapter 2, verses 17-21, all from Joel chapter 2! Those chapters were the only ones I read that day, and right after it happened I couldn't wait to share my testimony! If you've had experiences with God like mine, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about; that feeling of wanting to shout to the world: "GOD IS REAL! Look what He did for me! He loves you too!" It's a really fantastic feeling :D

I hope Jesus had my testimony touch you in some way (even if you don't believe it, though it is true). Honestly, I wasn't planning on typing that all out. I read your poem, felt a compelling to review (it was a really nice poem; I thank God he gave you the words to form it!), but then I had no idea what to say! I firmly believe God wanted me to type all this out, however: why else would I type all this but to share one of the many amazing experiences I've had during my walk with Jesus?

God Bless you! :D (and if you want to talk about God, shoot me a PM! I'd absolutely love to talk to you about Him! :D :D :D)
sprinkled clean chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
The title fits the poem perfectly. I loved the ending, as well as the reference to Psalm 147:4.