Reviews for Wezel's Fairy Tales
zanybellecloudo chapter 27 . 5/13/2016
The princess and the frog, a classic tale in need of retelling if ever there was one. I like how she took the blinking eyes as a sign of him being a handsome prince rather than a bored frog! Haha. The witches protecting their wildlife from harassment is a funny twist. They're like the witch police! Fighting the crime of yucky princess smooches. If only they were real *sigh* Good story and it was funny :) thanks for sharing, ZB.
zanybellecloudo chapter 26 . 3/25/2016
Aww! A romantic encounter foiled by the stupid evil hunters! I liked this story for three reasons: 1) It's a bold and honest take on hunting which is a cruel sport especially when just for fur (argh!) as animals are too vulnerable to protect themselves or beg for their lives :( Okay now to the humorous side, 2) the introduction of a bunny literally hopping for his life was brilliant and a befitting dark Easter tale to make any kid drop their eggs in smashing fright! Haha. Then, 3) a foxy fox hits on him! Oh boy he's having some day right? But sadly he led the dagnabbit hunter straight to her! She did have perty fur and met a tragic end because of it. My heart weeps but my lips laugh! What a brilliantly original tale! This is one of my top five favourites. A wickedly creative writer strikes again :) thanks for sharing, ZB
zanybellecloudo chapter 25 . 2/18/2016
That cunning spider, to entrap such a fly... fly and with a sporty tie! *winks* I also had the pleasure of reading the original poem and my favourite line was: "Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead!” Note to self: Avoid soulless eyes and handsome fly's! Haha. I really enjoyed this, especially the southern damsel in distress luring a mysterious stranger to his doom with a purse... She's got eight legs why does she need a purse? Haha. Genius! :) Thanks for sharing, ZB.
zanybellecloudo chapter 23 . 12/14/2015
You are what you eat! Eek! Haha. This was an unexpected twist indeed. What's most sad is the boy was not wise enough to foresee this. The shame! Brilliant story, I thank you, oh wise one... *leers at your brain* Mmm brains!
zanybellecloudo chapter 22 . 12/4/2015
"Surely it isn't her!" Haha. Cinderella the vamp. Ah, we hardly knew thee. I don't feel bad for the prince, he kinda deserved it. I mean if you're going to marry someone based on their shoe size, you're just asking for trouble. Right? RIGHT?! :)
zanybellecloudo chapter 21 . 12/4/2015
Actually, this is an interesting approach. It maintains the features of the story but adds a dark, imaginative twist. I’m dying to add something to the end which is noticeably missing (or am I going mad? It’s highly possible…). Here’s my two cents worth for the day: "…the fork ran away with the spoon. Whilst the dish looked on in mournful sorrow, with envious hate growing inside." Because you know, the dish! What happened to him?! Anyway, good job!
zanybellecloudo chapter 20 . 10/24/2015
Oh poor beast! I wonder if this will be a story arc or was a one-shot? Yes I'm deluded with hope and blissfully believe in happy endings... don't let me down... or at least do it gently. Haha. A good twist on beauty and the beast, she was a vile character indeed. Again I really enjoyed this because it leaves enough for my imagination to interact with. Thanks for sharing! Wow 20 stories *applauds you*
zanybellecloudo chapter 19 . 10/20/2015
A sweet ending and actually I'm not miserable because the story arc worked well together! Sorry if that dampens the fire within. Perhaps my favourite twist so far with the portal to a life anew for the mother and daughter which was sorely deserved. As always I enjoy these bedtime (re)tales. Thanks for sharing.
zanybellecloudo chapter 16 . 9/27/2015
Ooh... I know what this is as I've been privy to the outline... Exciting! I love the cat and mouse tale, even in the simplistic form it is so very telling. If I had a hat I'd tip it at you Sir.
zanybellecloudo chapter 15 . 9/21/2015
This was probably my favourite one to date. It's not what you expect at all - a very creative twist. Also, your use of different rhymes/tales just seem to flow together effortlessly. You leave us wanting more. I eagerly await the next part! Thanks for sharing your work.
zanybellecloudo chapter 14 . 9/17/2015
I can indeed see which other fairytales this links to, very nicely done. This fairytale feels like a twist on the three little piggies but where the wolf is the victim. Another great twist. I enjoy the running themes throughout. Thanks for sharing.
zanybellecloudo chapter 13 . 9/10/2015
Sleeping beauty was worth stretching into four parts. I immensely enjoyed it! In the spirit of full disclosure, I thought the ending would be: her mother kissing her cheek would be 'true love's kiss' ...as a mother's love is the truest... and that would wake her. However your ending was vengeful and dark which was wickedly fitting.

Other good tales included the goats, with a humorous twist and Hansel and Gretel. Overall, an enjoyable read from beginning to end, which is imaginatively told and delivered in great style. Goes to show how much you can get out of 200 words, no mean feat. Well done. And thanks for sharing.
zanybellecloudo chapter 8 . 9/9/2015
I enjoyed these twisted fairytales, in all their terrifying glory! It reminds me of camp fire stories... evoking nervous laughter and disconcert. I'm still unsure which fairytale related to 'Evil Recompense'? Partly, I felt it was sleeping beauty but when the child died again I wasn't sure... I'll have to mull it over a bit more.

Thanks for sharing these. You have a wickedly creative mind...