Reviews for Pop Rocks
PrincessDana chapter 41 . 6/20/2018
Wow. That was quite the story. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the longest story I've read from either of you and Fiona Five 2 was pretty long as well.
I'm very glad I read it. C.J. really was the heart of the story and my favorite character. She went through so much and found her voice through music. Katie also had to overcome her demons as well. The entire third act was the highlight and C.J. x Katie may be your best couple. I liked Amy x Hannah as well although I would have liked to have heard more from Hannah as I feel she wasn't really introduced as a character until halfway through the story. Maybe they can have a seperate side story like Shiho x Jessie had. It took a while for me to get into Camilla but I liked her too. All the side characters are fun and once again I have to thank you for an amazing soundtrack. I'm actually very curious as to what the original songs would have sounded like. I believe one of you said Jane plays music for real. Maybe you can record these original lyrics as songs?
The only criticism I have is that it was long, especially in the middle. Unlike the other stories where so much was happening and it moved at a certain pace, this one kind of dragged at times. Again, once C.J.'s dad threw her out, it started to really pick up.
I know you all said a sequel probably wouldn't happen, but I would love to see one. Thank you again for a fun read.
PrincessDana chapter 27 . 6/15/2018
I wanted to leave a comment about this chapter:
If I can be candid, I was starting to lose interest in this story after the last section. This chapter totally turned it around. It may be one of the best written chapters I've read in any of your stories. Now all the build-up, the mystery, C.J.'s relationship with her father, it's all come out in this genius work of heartbreak, violence, and friendship. I'm so glad I stuck it out for this.
I'm also really glad to see Amy and Hannah hooking up. They are so cute together.
Again, I want to reiterate how beautiful done this chapter was and now I won't stop reading until the end.
PrincessDana chapter 25 . 6/13/2018
I was debating whether to comment about this section of the story of the story or wait until the next section. I liked switching viewpoints, especially with Amy. She has a lot of more layers to her character than I originally thought. I'm still not sure what to think of Camilla. I like her when she's being the bossy posh girl but I should admit that I didn't get into the romance between Camilla and Amy here. Some of it was a little weird, like pretending to be C.J. and Katie, in a different way than the weirdness of The Fiona Five. I'm not sure why. I actually liked Amy and Hannah together. I gather there will be more with her in the upcoming chapters?
I like where you two took Mr. Moore. His interactions with Pop Rocks really made me laugh. Natalie too. The music choices in this section didn't interest me as much because I'm not a fan of 80s music, except for Purple Rain, which I loved. I can totally see Amy playing that epic guitar solo too. I was relieved when you went back to the 90s stuff in The Halloween show. I did not know What's Up was THAT song! And having them dress as Sailor Moon for Halloween was a lot of fun.
Looking forward to the next section, I'm sure it will all come together by the end like your stories always do.
PrincessDana chapter 13 . 5/30/2018
Since the next chapter is about Camilla, I'm to assume this is like Love Letter Lovelies where the next part of the story will go into a different point of view. This is really good so far. I mentioned before it's very different from you and SailorJane's other stories. I think the C.J. x Katie couple may be the best you've written. The contrast between their two personalities is really fun and it feels like they both really have to work at their happy romance. The subtext of where same-sex couples were in the 90s is also an interesting road block to read about. Is that why you set this in the 90s? I know next to nothing about it. I also like Amy a lot.
You are definitely adding many new songs to my playlist. Some of them I know, but some I never even heard. I think I've listened to "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" like 10 times now! I also never heard "Linger" before. I like that song a lot. This should be a movie.
PrincessDana chapter 2 . 5/29/2018
This story seems so different from you and SailorJane's other stories so far. I like it. C.J. is a funny relatable character, not unlike Kelsey from Fiona Five, but Katie might be the most interesting character so far. I haven't seen a bad girl kind of character from you all yet. I like the bad girl in a posh school scenario and want to know where this is going. I'm glad the gloves are here in this story as well.
I also like the music part of it as well. I was looking up the original songs so I could play them with the lyrics. Because I didn't grow up in the 90s I don't know them so well, but like when I was listening to You Oughta Know I went "Oh this is that song?" You're definitely giving me new songs for my playlists.
Guest chapter 23 . 1/3/2017
YES GIVE ME THAT AMY X HANNAH ITS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR
villainous chapter 41 . 1/3/2017
I can't believe I hadn't read this one, I was shocked that I forgot all about it to be honest!

The collaboration between you two worked out pretty well, I mean at times I couldn't tell who wrote which chapter without looking if it was even or odd but at others I could definitely tell whose chapter I was reading. It flowed together nicely and damn was it some sort of rollercoaster.

I'm definitely conflicted over certain things but then again, rock and roll and drugs and alcohol, I kinda predicted what would happen with a certain situation, I just wasn't sure about the consequences or what'd happen after.

Overall, it was a good read. Good job to both the authors, Glee-Chan and SailorJane!
villainous chapter 40 . 1/3/2017
Hmmm, I'm conflicted.
villainous chapter 37 . 1/3/2017
Nope. NOPE. NOPE WAHT WHAT WHY THAT FELT TOO EASY
villainous chapter 35 . 1/3/2017
NO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT
villainous chapter 32 . 1/3/2017
i s2g if she forgives her..
SirHades chapter 2 . 10/18/2016
I want to Katie's babies,
Also the name is an alias
Great story so far
Allen-1991 chapter 41 . 5/8/2016
The entire time that I was reading this story, I'm picturing, both in looks and in voice, a young Brodie Dahle as Katie.
JasonRyder chapter 16 . 4/30/2016
I loved the Star Wars reference and how Katie is fan of it!
SomeguyJim chapter 41 . 10/11/2015
SailorJane and Glee-chan wonderful job. This was a great story the whole way through. The ending was very satisfying and it felt like everyone's story arc came to a close. Pop Rocks is reunited and is going to get a chance to do a project with Joan Jett! I actually want to see a story about that. Katie getting all star struck over Joan Jett was really funny. CJ and Katie are back together and even get to make out in front of the whole school. Amy and Hannah are now an official couple. It kinda sucks that Camilla still doesn't have somebody but at least her hands aren't bothering her anymore. I'm glad she's still wearing her gloves though.
Overall the story had some great comedy, tense drama, kick-ass music references, and just hot sexy scenes.
Glad I read it.